Fifty one

Arnav saw a message from Khushi,telling him of her arrival. He and Akash got out of the car and walked towards the temple. Akash saw the vendors and expressed his wish to offer the Puja things. So Arnav told him to come buying it. Akash nodded and walked towards the shop..

As Akash was walking towards the flower shop,he saw the blue dupatta. He stood still. Was he that lucky,that Payal was there..

"Payalji.."Akash called out.

Payal turned around. She was surprised. What was Akash doing here,she wondered..

"Akash ji..What are you doing here?"asked Payal walking closer to Akash..

"Woh .Flower..Yes,I have come to buy flowers for Devi Maa"said Akash still little lost in her.

Payal nodded and both stood there admiring each other..

On the other side,Arnav found Khushi on the stairs of the temple. He was mesmerized by her simple light yellow dress. The orange dupatta was contrasting and creating a beautiful harmony..

"Khushi"Arnav called out her name like a prayer..

Khushi looked back at him. As usual,black. This man was handsome enough to rock anything and everything yet he loves monochrome.. Sigh.What a wastage of good-looking face and figure.

"Arnavji..Sorry,We are late. My jiji was lost somewhere and auto got delayed. And then my sandal broke,my foot hurt. So we are late. Donot be angry.."blabbered Khushi..

"Shhss..You are not late. Infact you are here,that is all that matters Khushi"Arnav said coming closer to Khushi and putting his index finger on her lips to silent her. He felt something touching her lips,for the first time Arnav Singh Raizada wanted to take his finger off and replace it with his lips,tasting those petals,forgetting everything,time,place, everything..

Khushi gulped. Yes,she was cold and whatnot. But infront of Arnav,all she had was lost. Infront of those mesmerizing orbs,she lost all her composure. She was getting drowned in his eyes. The intensity of his eyes,the hunger in them,it made her scared yet exited. Being scared was a normal reaction every human would have. Yet she was thrilled. It meant,he too felt. His heart too craved for her. He too wished to crush her existence into his bones. He too felt the wish to love her like never before..

Their trance broke when the bells of the temple rang. Khushi closed her eyes. Her heart,it prayed for whatever she felt for Arnav,to be true. Arnav too came out of the trance. He looked up at the flag of the temple. How he wished to colour Khushi in that red.. The bright,sunset hue of red. An idea of design immediately flashed in his head. A wedding attire. White,with red works,red drapes.. Her hands adorned with Henna,foot with anklets..She walking slowly toward him,for them,for their beautiful future together..

"Arnavji.. let's go up. Jiji would take time to come as she needs to buy flowers and offerings.."said Khushi and walked up. Her fingers fidgeting with the end of her dupatta..

Arnav smirked looking at the hurrying girl,no woman infront of him. She was shy.. He smiled..

"Khushi Kumari Gupta..The upcoming days would be the days when all you would do is be shy,be happy and healthy.. Your life would take a beautiful turn from this moment onwards and I would not allow anyone to break it,to cast bad eyes on you and our happiness"Arnav Singh Raizada vowed to himself..

"Devi Maa. Please keep my family safe. Keep your blessings on Arnavji every moment Maa. Protect his health,his happiness and prosperity. May no bad eyes fall on my family.."Khushi prayed..

The orange flag was dancing along the wind as the prayers of both sides rose,touching the sky..