Fourty

Arnav Singh Raizada sat infront of his best friend cum manager. That man had a silly grin on his face that gave him headache.. Actually his head was still throbbing. Too much drinks,he guessed. Actually he never drank like this before. But he was feeling so suffocated that he drank it away..

"Aman Mathur,if your grin means you are in relationship with any woman other than my Di,then walk straight out of here and kill yourself before I kill you..I swear,I would kill you.."Arnav warned. His tone formal..

Aman gulped. Wait..what..

"Sorry ASR..Can you repeat yourself? What did you say? I didnot get it"asked Aman,unsure..Did Arnav really know and approve his love?

"I said,if you are smiling so foolishly because of some other woman than my Di,then Mathur,I would strangle you"Arnav repeated..

Aman jumped down from his chair and about to rush to Arnav. Yet stopped when he saw everyone looking at them. He sat down..

"You knew ASR?asked Aman..

"Of course I know. And I know that too,Di loves you very much.. What do you think,I was blabbering yesterday? No matter how drunk I am,Aman, I cannot loose control over my mind and heart..I can never.. It's a rule of my family"Arnav explained..

Aman grinned..He told Aman everything..
"Stop..I donot have to know,just how many times you kissed my sister's pic on your phone too Aman..It's gross. I just want to tell you,I am very happy for both of you..Just take care. Until all this is over"said Arnav still massaging his forehead..

Thank God the coffee arrived. The Balck coffee without any sugar,hot,soothed his headache a little..

"Arnav,I really wish to know,what we are dealing with.. You know,the attack on Amar chachu,Amita,then Dadi ji.arrived. Your decision to marry Khushi suddenly. Then coming here,I really want to know"asked Aman..

"Ohh. Arnav already..Hmm..Would be brother-in-law..You are still half way through.."teased Arnav raising his eyebrows..

Both friends shared a good laugh..

"Aman,how to explain this,I still donot know. Want to understand it a little more. Still I want to share it with you..

Aman,it all started with my Dadi. When my Dadu, Amarendra Singh Raizada fell for my dadi,a village Brahmin girl,his parents had promised someone to marry their daughter to him. Yet he came home married..That woman became friends with Dadiji,harmed her. Her name was Kamini..

"
Arnav told Aman everything including his idea that Khushi is Sristi..

Aman sat there silent. He was slowly trying to digest,the story of this family. It was far more thrilling than movies. A man,a prince fell for a village belle,and was honest enough to marry her and take her home..Wow..

Arnav was lost too. He was also thinking about Khushi. How to meet her,way to talk to her,hear her opinion..

Was Khushi all right. How was she handling it? Was she doing good? Would she be able to move on? Would she be able to look into his eyes?

He was not even thinking about himself. All his worry was for her. Did he love her,he did not know. Still he cared for her. He wished for her to be happy atleast with Pranjal..

Yet something was hurting him. He had thought quite a lot. He didnot like it. He didn't like it at all. He felt like punching that man and pulling Khushi in his arms taking her home..

Still he had to know,he had to face it. Or not..May be..