*fifteen*

A YEAR AND A HALF LATER

Agent Keir Byrne could officially say he was no longer behind the desk. After the mission in Rio, Keir was promoted to field agent, still assigned to Hobbs' team. And today, of all days, Keir was traveling to Moscow. Currently, Hobbs was chasing after a new team, one that included Letty Ortiz. In the almost two years since Keir saw his ex-fiancée, everyday he wanted to try and locate her and tell her that Letty was alive.

But he couldn't.

Keir looked over the file on the new team that was causing destruction in their path.

Owen Shaw was really not someone to mess with. He was formerly part of the British Special Air Service, dishonorably discharged. Not something to write home about to your mother at the end of the day, but Keir suspected that Shaw's mother wasn't too upset about the discharge considering Magdalene Shaw had her own criminal records that was five pages long, but no one could charge her.

It was interesting though - Shaw's team were hitting very specific convoys. The first one was in Berlin, the same night Keir found out that Letty was actually alive. That was when Hobbs and Keir were both assigned to the case, setting aside the Dominic Toretto case for the time being.

Keir had seen more of the private plane than he had seen his own apartment in the States the last two years. Chasing Shaw and his team was tiring and annoying. Every time Keir thought they were getting close, Shaw was ten steps ahead of them and he was gone before they ever hit the ground in the last country he was previously sighted in. Today was no different - and at that point, Hobbs was told he was given another partner to help him with his search for Shaw. They would be meeting her today at the location of the explosion.

Keir closed the file on Shaw as Hobbs pulled to a stop.

He yawned.

"Told you to sleep."

Keir shot Hobbs a glare. "You have me researching well into the flight. It wasn't until twenty minutes before we were supposed to land before you told me to sleep." Keir stated as he climbed out of the jeep.

He stretched his arms over his head, walking around the jeep.

Agent Riley Hicks walked up to Hobbs, passing him the file on the explosion. Hobbs took the file from her, walking across the bridge with Keir behind him. "I read your file. Top of your class at FLETC. Cairo, Tunis. Youngest RSO ever in Afghanistan. Hell, if you're half as good as you are on paper, we're gonna get along just fine." Hobbs said.

"Ay, what about me?" Keir asked, offended that Hobbs was good with Hicks credentials. Hobbs ignored Keir, "A Russian military caravan attacked, satellite component stolen. Cars just came out of nowhere. Six hospitalized, a dozen vehicles destroyed. All that in under ninety seconds, in and out. This is world-class." Hobbs explained.

Keir looked around at the damage, trying to assess what he was looking at. "This is world-class." Keir's attention was brought back to Hobbs. "Job this good, there's only one crew in the world who could get this done." Hobbs stopped, looking at the building across the street from the building. Keir looked forward. He was slightly impressed and slightly concerned about how the fuck somebody got a car up there with that much force.

"How the hell did that get up there?" Hicks asked. Hicks' phone beeped, she pulled it out of her pocket to check the message. "They caught one."

"Where?"

Keir hoped to God that Hobbs played nicely, they really didn't need the Russian government on their asses before he didn't know how to play nicely with others. Keir followed Hicks and Hobbs as they walked through the Interpol office. Hicks was telling Hobbs that she was able to get him five minutes with the guy.