twenty-four

Being back at 1327 was beyond strange to Beatriz. It felt so homey, yet foreign at the same time. The last time she was there was for her graduation party - Letty put it on with the entire crew. Bea could remember like it was yesterday, Leon and Jesse had passed out early in the night after several beers while the rest of them continued to party. It was no secret that Bea had drank before, she had beer before, it was easily accessible to her. Mia watched her like a hawk whenever she did drink.

Being back with a new team, one that she could truly call her family, Bea did wish the others could have met this team.

Bea sat on the steps, sitting between Han's legs with a Corona in hand. She had taken a few sips of the beer, but at the moment, she wasn't too thirsty. Beatriz was missing Gisele like crazy, that was the weird part. Bea now had to mourn the last of her best friend while letting Letty remember her past and move across the world to Tokyo. Bea's head was swimming.

She did find out though, once Han calmed down, that Gisele released herself from Han's grasp. Bea realized that Gisele kept her promise, she kept Han safe, Adolfson was going to kill Han and Gisele couldn't have that. She knew if Han got killed, Beatriz wouldn't know what to do with herself. Sacrificing herself for the livelihood of Han was a better option.

Beatriz knew that Gisele would do anything to protect Han for Bea, but she didn't think she'd do that.

What Bea didn't like was that Han was blaming himself.

This was going to be a hurdle that they would both have to get over, and Beatriz knew they would be able to. It was just going to take a while, and that was okay. Beatriz didn't blame Han, she didn't even blame Gisele. No one could have known that was going to happen, if things went according to plan (which never happens), something would have happened afterwards.

Beatriz turned slightly, leaning her back lightly against Han's leg. "It feels weird being here." Bea said honestly. Han looked at Beatriz - he should have known it would be weird for her. Again, the last time she was at 1327, it was her graduation, the night she left home with no intentions of returning. "And I broke my promise." Bea chuckled to herself.

"What promise?"

Beatriz looked over to Letty, "I promised Letty that I wouldn't return to California." Beatriz looked down at the shared ring. "She was worried that somebody would come after me because she was working for Braga. I didn't have plans on returning to California before Letty told me not to, but..." Beatriz trailed off.

"Well, technically, I think she meant don't go looking for her." Han said as he tapped his cold bottle of beer against her cheek. She drew back with a smile appearing on her face. "And you aren't staying." Han added.

"That is true."

The move to Tokyo was still happening, even if Bea thought about staying in the US for a while. Then she remembered Gisele wanted her and Han to go to Tokyo. When Han brought it up, Bea said they would still go, starting their life together. They were planning on staying in California for two weeks, just until things settled down around them, then they'd be flying out of LAX to Tokyo.

It would all depend on if they got their pardons or not.

"You two are really gonna do it?" Roman asked, listening in on their conversation. "Tokyo."

Han and Bea exchanged looks, nodding their hands. "Yeah, it's just somethin' we gotta do." Han said.

"You know we got your backs, whenever you need us." Tej reminded them.

"We know," Han wrapped his arms around Beatriz, pulling her closer to him. She leaned back against him, a small smile on her face.

Keir walked behind Hobbs, a file in hand. He arrived to 1327, not expecting much but there was a whole table set up and a barbecue happening. Keir was reminded of the time Beatriz told him about what it was like with her family, how every Sunday they'd go to church and come back to good food that was cooked all day long. Keir realized Bea meant this.