twenty-one

Keir was learning a lot about Dom and his team as he spent all this time with them. It was interesting to watch them go around and do their thing. Like today, Han and Beatriz decided to go for a motorcycle ride, blowing off some steam and clearing their heads. They still didn't know where Shaw was going to hit, so sitting around and waiting wasn't really on their to-do list.

Keir watched Tej as he hooked up the system to figure out where Shaw was. It was fun to see someone as technical as him when it came to computers. Tej was the resident hacker and know-it-all when it came to technology. Tej also enjoyed having somebody who understood him, he normally had to dumb it down for the team. Keir was a treat.

"Tej, talk to me, what have we got?" Hobbs asked.

"We were able to track Shaw after he left you and Dom, but the guy's smart, so we could only track him so far. He seems to know all the city's blind spots." Tej got up to show Hobbs where they lost him. "See, we lost him somewhere in here, which means he could be anywhere within that half-a-mile radius." Tej explained.

Keir was standing by the desk, looking at the map.

"Maybe if we cross-reference phone records, leases-"

"No," Hicks said. Keir glanced over at her. "This has got Shaw's name written all over it. We've got vantage points, multiple exits, subways, highways and storm drains." Hicks explained as the map expanded to where she was pointing. Keir crossed his arms, looking at Hicks with a tilt of his head.

"Bad-ass and brains." Keir found it curious she knew that. "Woman, you keep that up, I'm gonna be out of a job. All right, let's go nail that son of a bitch." Hobbs said.

Keir pulled himself up and over the wall, landing on the metal awning before jumping down to the ground. He was behind Hicks when Hobbs slowly opened the door. Keir had his gun out, ready for anything, however, the base was completely cleared out. Keir put his gun back onto his belt, sighing heavily.

"There's nothing here." Hicks said.

Hobbs sighed as he casted his eyes downward. He noticed something on the floor. "There's never nothing." Hobbs grabbed his flashlight, clicking it on. Hicks and Keir did the same, shining their lights towards whatever Hobbs found. "There's always something." Hobbs commented as he scrapped something off the floor.

-

"Yo, it's Hobbs!" Tej called out, putting the call on speaker. Beatriz was just finishing up cleaning off her motorcycle after the much needed morning drive. She set down the towel to look in Tej's direction.

"What have you got, Parker? Give me somethin' good."

"Yeah, that paint you got from Shaw's place is highly specialized. Anti-thermal low-IR coating." Tej stated.

"Military." Dom said.

"Exactly. We got a list of bases around Europe that use this paint type and those specific colors." Tej said.

"All right, let's cross-reference that with all of Shaw's military targets. I guaran-damn-tee you one of 'em is gonna match." Hobbs ordered.

Tej typed in the list that Shaw got from Interpol, it only took a few seconds before he got a hit. "Bingo." That got the attention of the team. "It's a NATO base in Spain." Tej said.

"That puts Shaw in a different country." Beatriz ran her hand through her hair, crossing her arms. "That means he's got an eight-hour lead on us." Dom said as he approached the computer system.

"We gotta move now. Tej, give me that info. Riley, Byrne, and I will go ahead and we're goin' to lock down the base. We're goin' to protect that component personally." The rest of the team approached Dom, standing behind him as they listened to the phone call. "Toretto, I'll arrange transportation for you and your cars.You brush up on your Spanish, boys. I'll see you en España." Hobbs said.