thirty-two

Min Woo groaned, hanging his head as Sean came around the corner too quickly. He slammed the right side of the Evo twice within ten seconds of each other. Bea looked up from her phone, watching Sean "drift," but it only sounded like he was grinding something. She lowered her head when Sean came to a stop.

"My mother, she's blind in one eye and she can drift better than that." Earl said.

Bea looked at Han, "You sure about this?" Beatriz asked.

"Have you ever doubted me before?"

"No, but your face is doubting you." Bea said as she leaned back against the couch. Han licked his lips, catching himself making a face as Sean attempted to drift.

They had been on that pier for a while, nearly at the crack of dawn. Sean wanted to get out as soon as possible. A mock-up of a track was built by the water, it was where the others liked to practice drifting. Their cars were sitting around, trunks open and the crew sitting in the chairs and couches that were just placed there. Watching Sean go through the course was hard - harder than watching Leo and Santos drive in Rio.

Bea rubbed her forehead when Sean slammed into another thing he was supposed to avoid.

"Han, where did you find this guy?" Earl asked. "Will someone please teach this guy how to drift?"

Beatriz inhaled sharply. "The Evo is gonna need a new paint job after today."

Min Woo looked at the time on his phone. "We are gonna be late." Min Woo was talking about school. He was bright enough to bring his uniform in his car, that way he could drive it back to Han's garage and then book it to the school.

Bea looked at Han's face. "Tell your face to not look so glum before Sean comes back around." Beatriz said. She reached over, lifting up the corner of Han's mouth to make him smile. It was definitely forced, until Han dropped it. Bea looked back at Sean. "This is gonna take a while."

-

All Min Woo tried to do was stop Morimoto from fighting Twinkie, but instead Min Woo found himself on the ground with a busted lip. He spat out blood, looking back as Twinkie took a swing. Morimoto punched him right in the cheek. Twinkie fell to the ground, catching him with his hands. Morimoto was moving around Min Woo and Twinkie. "Drop it, Morimoto!" Min Woo snapped.

This all started because Morimoto claimed that Twinkie sold him a defective device. Min Woo jumped in before the first punch was thrown, only to be caught up in the mess. Min Woo knew that Twinkie didn't need his help defending himself, but he also knew that Twinkie was just a hustler.

Min Woo groaned, curling into himself when Morimoto kicked him in the stomach. He heard Morimoto laugh at Min Woo's reaction only to kick Twinkie in the stomach. Min Woo pushed himself up into a sitting position, arm across his stomach.

Morimoto complained to Twinkie about whatever was broken. Twinkie defended himself. "Come on, man, you broke it." Twinkie fell forward, hissing in pain from the kick.

Sean suddenly rushed over, stopping Morimoto from hurting Min Woo and Twinkie. Reiko knelt between them, checking to make sure they were okay. Min Woo flinched when Reiko touched his bleeding lip. "Let me clean that for you." She whispered.

Min Woo looked to the side, seeing Neela arriving with one of her friends. It was normally Neela who had to calm down one of Takashi's friends. Morimoto was constantly a problem. Min Woo pushed himself up from the ground, grabbing his bag that sat on the ground. He walked right past Neela, letting her see the state of him, regardless of Sean jumping in.