sixty-one

"No, no!" Min Woo shook his head as they walked to where Sean, Twinkie, and Earl worked. "The last time you did the talking, we fell out of a plane. I'm talkin to 'em." Min Woo said.

"Hell no. You've never taking lead before."

"And who's fault is that?" Min Woo asked as he looked at Roman. Tej snickered. "You don't know these guys-"

"Neither do you." Min Woo instantly started laughing in Roman's face. The only reason why Min Woo went with Roman and Tej was because he knew Sean, Twinkie, and Earl. Dom told him to go with them because Min Woo knew exactly what to ask for. "I'm hip, I can talk to 'em."

Tej made a face. "Did you just call yourself hip?"

"Dear God." Min Woo groaned, throwing his head back. "Just let me do the talking." Min Woo led Tej and Roman to the testing location what Sean had. He had seen it before via video chats with Sean over the past few years. Min Woo could hear Twinkie and Earl arguing already – it felt like he had returned home, it was exactly the same.

"Without me, you'd be working at Jiffy Lube."

"Guys, guys. Look, it's all good. Who cares 'bout who did what?" Twinkie asked. Yep, that sounded like Twinkie.

"Kinda hard for you to do anything when you pe your pants every time you fly, Twinkie." Earl fired back.

Maybe Min Woo was happy he went to Los Angeles with Triz after all. He certainly didn't miss this.

"Did I hear that right?" Tej questioned, starting the conversation. "You a runner and you afraid of flyin'?" Tej asked. Min Woo lowered his head, shaking it. This wasn't the best impression Sean and the crew could be making.

"Twinkie?" Roman repeated. "So you must be Ding Dong and Snoball. Right?" Roman asked.

"Oh, dear God." Min Woo removed the sunglasses from his face.

"Uh, I-I don't go by that name anymore." Twinkie said.

"You went by that name ever?" Tej asked.

Min Woo got in front of Tej and Roman, "Please stop talking. All of you." Min Woo looked over his shoulder. "Hey guys."

"Woo!" Twinkie ran forward, hugging Min Woo. Tej and Roman looked at each other, never hearing that nickname from Min Woo. There were occasions where Min Woo would allow them to call him Henry, but that was extremely rare. It was whenever they visited him at CalTech. "Dude, what the hell are you doin' here?" Before Min Woo could answer, the computer notified them it was time to run the test.

Min Woo looked at his friends, wondering what they actually did. He tried to understand it, but every time Sean or Twinkie tried to describe it to him, they'd get distracted and tell him about projects they were working on. "Hey fellas, y'all seen ten-seconds cars?" Min Woo wasn't sure what Sean was about to show them. "Well, say hello to the two-second car." Sean pulled back the sheet that was covering the car.

Roman and Tej exchanged looks as Min Woo covered his face with his hands. "Is that a Pontiac Fiero strapped to a rocket engine?" Tej questioned, confusing what he was seeing. Considering he had seen weirder, he wanted to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

"Impressive, I know." Earl said.

"No." Tej shook his head. "No, that's not impressive."

Min Woo kept his head in his hands. This really wasn't the first impression he wanted the crew to make on Dom's team. Min Woo wanted to be swallowed up and spat back out in the hideout. Maybe he should have let Roman do the talking. Min Woo did lift his head from his hands to walk out of the testing area. His arms were crossed, wondering how much longer he had to stand there and pretend he understood what Sean, Twinkie and Earl were doing.