fifty-six

Beatriz wasn't going to lie, she was lonely in her apartment. With Min Woo away at CalTech, Bea was definitely lonely. She thought after two years of this, she'd get used to it, but Beatriz felt like she was missing something else. Bea knew that Min Woo was having the time of his life, making friends with some very interesting people and racing on the side while going to school. She only had a couple of days of loneliness before Min Woo came home for the summer break. 

Bea was laying on the couch, looking at the engagement ring as she always did when she felt sad. It was now five years without Han by her side. If it felt wrong for Min Woo to be away at CalTech, it felt horrible that it had been five years without the love of her life. Han was everything to Beatriz and she couldn't have imagined her life like this. 

Her phone buzzed on the table, signaling yet another notification from the dating apps that Roman put on her phone. She honestly thought they were joking when it came to the dating apps until one evening when Beatriz had Roman, Ramsey, and Tej over for dinner and drinks. Roman took her phone and downloaded like ten different dating apps. 

Roman and Tej went ahead and created every account for Beatriz – choosing pictures, answering prompts, doing everything you'd do on dating apps. Within five minutes, Beatriz's phone was blowing up with notifications from the dating apps. The boys were certainly jealous of Bea's "success" on dating apps. Not that Bea was actually going on any of those dates, she wasn't even looking at the apps on her phone. 

The reason she hadn't deleted them?

There was a tiny piece of Beatriz that said it was time to move on, but the majority of Bea's brain told her to hold out. There was just something inside of Beatriz that couldn't let Han die. She couldn't explain it. 

Beatriz rolled over onto her side, grabbing a pillow she tossed off while watching TV earlier. She curled up on the couch to take a nap. 

As a past-time, Bea was using that degree of hers. Since Min Woo wasn't in the apartment that much during the school years, Bea decided to make a little extra cash (not that she needed it). It was something to keep her busy and out of her head. She freelanced as an architecture, and doing more than just landscaping. It was definitely nice to use that degree after so many years of not using it.

Bea crashed as soon as she finished another gig. She was just sitting on the couch, watching TV until she was bored of that. However, the nap was no better. 

Instead of dreaming, she had nightmares of Han's death. It was a recurring nightmare, something that would come and go over the past five years. It was Bea running but the accident would just get further and further away. Bea could see the flames and the shouts from the people watching the accident. It was horrible – and every time she had that nightmare, she woke with a start. 

However, this time, her phone rang, startling her out of her nightmare status. Beatriz's heart was pounding when her eyes flew open. She took a few deep breaths before reaching over to see what was going on. Beatriz could see she actually got an email from somebody she didn't know. 

Unlike other times, Bea decided to open the email. She saw a video embedded into the piece of mail. She raised an eyebrow before pressing play. Beatriz grew concerned the moment the video started playing – it was of Mr. Nobody, but the video was cutting in and out, the audio was no better, but something was happening and within the thirty seconds of video, it cut out. "What the fuck?"

-

Min Woo stretched his arms over his head, finishing off his last exam for the semester. He would be heading home tomorrow afternoon. It felt good to finish off the last exam of his third year of college, it was going by so fucking quickly. He was a year away from graduation CalTech, it was insane to him. Min Woo's friends were talking next to him, complaining about their professor's exam. Min Woo didn't find it hard like the others were saying it was.