Chapter: 2 Dancing With The Devil

Chapter: 2

Arno's POV: 

I was sitting on top of the Assassin's building as I look over the city of Paris as I was furious in how that woman kick my arse. It was all because I let my guard down, but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her. She was beautiful, but I almost mistake her for the one woman that I had loved deeply. She is gone now and now that woman looks just like her, but I don't know why. She seems familiar like I have seen those green eyes somewhere before, but where? Where could have seen her before? This doesn't make any sense, but it does make it interesting though. 

I guess I will have to watch the woman more closely now and I know for certain that she is a Templar. I have been tracking the new Templars, but never had run into one until now. She got away from me though before I could question her. That was a mistake on my part. She won't get away from me the second time that we meet. I will find out why that woman looks familiar and I will put an end to her life. For she is a Templar and I'm an Assassin... 

****************************************

Madeline's POV: 

The Next Day...

"En aucune facon!" I shouted in french as I was pacing in front of the table with the early afternoon sunlight streaming through the windows. 

"Nickolas orders, Madeline" Thomas said. 

I gave him one of my best glares as my hood was off and he just smirk at me. If it's what Nickolas said then how could I refuse an order like that. I really don't want to go with Thomas out of all the guy Templars. I get stuck with an idiot like Thomas. I grit my teeth together as he just wore a smug look on his face. "Now, come along with me. I have a special dress just for you, Chéri" 

"Do not call me that, Thomas!" I hissed through my teeth. 

"Very well then, Miss Madeline. Shall we get going? After all, our party is waiting for us" Thomas said with a smirk on his face. 

An annoyed sigh escape from my lips, but I follow him out of the room to the staircase of the Templar's building. We walk up to the staircase and he lead me to a room. He open the door for me and I walk inside to see a beautiful dark green satin dress on the bed with silk off-the-shoulders sleeves that flares out at my elbow. It had lace at the top of it. I notice the black corset and then the dress that will flow down to my ankles. 

"Once you're dress, Miss Madeline. We shall get going to the ball" Thomas said with a devilish grin on his face. 

I turn around to face him as I gave him one of my best glares before he walk out of the room. He close the door as I turn around to stare at the dress and I was a little worry. I'm afraid that I have become the target of that Assassin that almost got to me last night. I put a hand to my neck as he was going to end my life right then and there. He didn't go though with it because he let his guard down in front of me. I still couldn't get the first eye contact out of my head. It was nothing special except for almost getting killed. 

My fate might end tonight, just like my mother's did on my sixteenth birthday. I got undressed slowly and put on the dress. I forgot how much I hate corsets and the way that they hold you up. The tightness of it wrap around my slim figure as it was kind of hard to breath, but I will get use to it. I look into the full-length mirror that was standing next to the dresser. My breath got caught in my throat as I look just like my mother except that my hair was down. There was knock on the door as a maid came in and walk over to me smiling sweetly. 

"You look beautiful in that dress..." She murmured kindly. 

"Thank you" I murmured to her. 

"You're quite welcome. Shall I do your hair?" She asked.