Chapter 282

Abbess Mother Serendipity was meditating at the pavilion in the courtyard. She exuded an ethreal aura in her long white dress.

There was a silhouette at the courtyard door peeking in with an evil smile. It was Florian Darby.

Ever since the gorgeous Emei Sect followers moved into the mansion next door, he hoped to have a memorable encounted with them. However, Abbess Mother Serendipity and the other rarely left the mansion. They were mostly in the courtyard.

Florian dared not disobey his grandfather's orders, so he stood by the fence to look in. Suddenly, an idea came to him.

Abbess Mother Serendipity noticed Florian. "Mister Florian." she greeted politely. "May I help you?"

"Abbess Mother Serendipity, sorry to disturb you." he laughed sincerely. "I was thinking... Since the Mid Autumn Festival is approaching in two days, I would like to invite you and the followers to have a meal at our place."

Abbess Mother Serendipity thought about his offer. "That would be asking too much from you." she replied, blushing in embarrassment.

She had been extremely grateful that the Darbys provided a place for them to live. It would be too much to let them arrange a banquet for them.

'As long as the Emei followers attended this Mid Autumn Festival banquet, he would have a chance to be closer to them, especially Abbess Mother Serendipity when she's drunk' Florian thought.

"It's nothing much!" he chuckled. "Don't worry."

"Let me think about it." she replied.

He giggled excitedly. "Alright! I will wait for your reply!"

Then he turned around and left.

Back at Hexad's, the last period for the day was Physical Education. It was a coincidence that Class Seventeen who was right next door had the same class as well.

The students of these two classes were mainly from Donghai City's wealthiest families.

Lily, Yvonne, and Kent were in Class Seventeen.

Physical Education was more of a free period for the students to do anything. Some were playing basketball on the court, some were playing on their phones, and some were walking aroudn while chatting with each other.

Darryl was seated under a tree, humming to himself. Then, a petite figure walked towards him. It was Lily.

Lily handed Darryl a bottle of water that she bought specifically for him.

Darryl could feel that Lily was much more gentle toward him these past few days, even caring for him. The guys on the court looked at Darryl enviously, especially teh guys from Class Seventeen. Their eyes widened.

Lily was the Belle of her class. Why was she in close proximity with another guy from a different class? They were jealous. Was Darryl not the live-in son-in-law who did not touch her once during their three years of marriage? Why were they so close to each other now?

Then, another figure approached them. It was Yvonne Young. She also had a bottle of water in hand, which she passed to Darryl. "Darryl, have some water." she chimed in.

Yvonne seemed even more beautiful since he last saw her. She wore a white shirt with tight, figure-hugging jeans. She was the center of attention wherever she went.

She sat down next to Darryl and took out a piece of white jade. "Darryl, do you know what sort of jade this is?" she asked.

She had not seen him a few days, yet he had been on her mind. She knew that they would have the same class today, so she brought the jade with her.

Her father did not know the history behind the white jade either, so she thought of asking him. She also used this as a chance to approach him.

"This is a White Nephrite Jade from Hetian, the most revered type of jade. It is smooth to the touch, its texture extremely delicate." Darryl looked at the jade in detail.

He continued "If I guess correctly, this should be from the palace during the Tang Dynasty."

The boys on the court were pretending to play basketball, but they were all looking at Darryl.

'What is happening? Why are two gorgeous girls sitting next to the live-in son-in-law?'

"Do all girls like thieves nowadays?" The Palmer sisters snickered as they walked past them.