Chapter 360

Meanwhile, Old Master Darby took in a long breath and said "Director Sullivan, the operation is happening tomorrow? I'll get some rest now."

All he could think of was what happened earlier. His eyes darkened in anger, so he wanted to get some rest.

Shelly smiled and nodded. "That's right. The operation is tomorrow. Please keep the noise down when Old Master Darby is sleeping. He needs all the rest he can get before the operation tomorrow."

With that, Shelly left the ward.

After she left, Yumi walked forward and said "Why don't you all go back and get some rest? I'll stay here with Florian to take care of Grandpa."

Everyone had stayed here since last night. None of them managed to get any rest.

Drake was tired as he asked "Are you two alright staying here?"

"Dad, we'll be fine." Yumi smiled. "Florian and I will take good care of Grandpa. Just go home and get some rest."

"Alright, alright." Drake was pleased that his son was lucky to have such an understanding wife.

Since Florian and Yumi insisted on taking care of Old Master Darby, Drake and the rest of the family could go him and get some rest. Not long after, he and the rest of the family members left the hospital, leaving Florian and Yumi alone.

"Follow me." Yumi pulled Florian to a corner on the second floor.

"Yumi, why do you insist on staying to take care of Grandpa?" Florian complained. "I still have an operation to go through tomorrow, and I'd like some rest."

"Rest? All you can think of is rest?" Yumi kicked him hard and said slowly "Why am I married to trash like you? You not only assaulted your sister-in-law, now you're going to donate your bone marrow? Do you know what the side effect of this is? Don't ever think of becoming a high-ranking cultivator because even if you cultivate day and night, you'll always be stuck as a Master General."

She was right. Donating one's bone marrow was like giving out your body's inner essence. It would make one's cultivation journey harder than anyone else.

"What can I do?" Florian muttered. "The idiot Darryl ran away, and only I have matching bone marrow."

"you're really trash!" Yumi glared at him. "I have an idea that will spare you from donating your bone marrow."

Florian almost jumped in joy. "What is it?"

He would do anything as long as he did not have to donate his bone marrow.

Yumi breathed in deep and looked around. No one was on the second floor, and there was not CCTV in this area. She spoke slowly "If he's dead, you won't have to donate."

"Huh?" Florian almost cried out loud. "But Grandpa's still alive..."

Yumi glared at him again. "Your Grandpa is over 70 years old. He's enjoyed a good and long life. Since he's very ill now, why don't you spare him from the suffering and send him away."

'Huh!?' Florian thought.

Suddenly, Florian's forehead was dripping with sweat. "Yumi, are you... are you asking me t-to kill Grandpa?"

"Keep your voice down!" Yumi scowled. "Do you have a better idea?"

"But... but if I kill Grandpa, how are we going to convince the rest of the family? Now that only both of us are at the hospital, if Grandpa dies, all of a sudden, they'll suspect us." Florian reasoned.

"Don't you worry. I have ways to make sure they won't suspect us." Yumi reassured Florian.

"But..." he seemed unwilling to kill his Grandpa.

Watching him, Yumi scowled. "You're such a useless piece of trash! Do you want to spend the rest of your life being stuck as a Master General? If so, go ahead and be the donor."

She turned around and walked toward the ward as Florian followed swiftly behind her.

Inside the ward, Florian clenched his fists. He had mixed feelings about this, but he finally decided that he would not donate his bone marrow.

'Yumi was right. Grandpa has lived a long and luxurious life. He's enjoyed all the richness and pleasures in life. He has nothing to regret even if he dies today.' Florian thought.