Chapter 382

Abbess Mother Serendipity took a deep breath before she snapped "I do not need to explain any further. Anyway, you are not to see him again. Understood?"

What? Committed incest? Killed his grandfather?

Megan was confused. After a while, she said carefully "Master, you must have been mistaken. Darryl is not this sort of person. He helps others and is courageous―he is a good man."

Darryl could not have done such things. Impossible!

"The foul things he has done are an open secret in the Darbys. How could I have been mistaken?" She frowned. "I do not care. If you go against my orders, I'm no master of yours. Megan, tell me the truth. Do you have feelings for Darryl?" Megan rarely had a good opinion of any person, but she pleaded on Darryl's behalf.

Megan blushed. She bit her lips and stuttered "Master... I... No. I don't have feelings for him. I'm engaged to Kent Hough! How could I have feelings for another man?"

"That's a relief to hear." Abbess Mother Serendipity let out a sigh. She coldly continued "I don't care what you think of Darryl. If you ever see him again, don't bother calling me Master." She hung up.

...

In the mansion.

Darryl was sitting awkwardly by the bedside.

Samatha looked at him wordlessly, keeping silent for a minute or two.

What on earth did she want?

Finally, Darryl could not take it any longer. He awkwardly stuttered "Auntie... Why... Why are you here? It's late."

Samantha let out a soft sigh. She looked at him hopefully and asked "I want to ask you about something. Are you hiding anything? Are you pretending to be poor when you're actually extremely wealthy and powerful? Why was Cyrus so afraid of you, where he not only returned the money but knelt and apologized to us?"

She continued "Also, previously at the hospital, Sophie's nephew was also extremely polite with you."

'Oh, it's about that. I thought it was something bigger.' Darryl thought.

Darryl let out a breath. He wanted to explain his identity, but he thought about how Darby's Second Young Master was known to many in the upper social circle. They also had the impression that he raped his brother's wife; his name has not been cleared.

It would be an utter embarrassment.

At that, Darryl shook his head. He simply stated "Auntie, those two occasions were thanks to Dax Sanders." he laughed. "You know him. We met him during our last excursion. We're close."

Samantha suddenly came to a realization. She glared at Darryl as she grumbled "I knew it. How could a useless person like you have any achievements? I see, it was all because of Dax. You really do know how to use other people's power to make yourself fee good."