Chapter 378

"Brother D, I am so sorry! I did not know she was your mother-in-law! If I knew, I would not have dared" Cyrus howled, his forehead bleeding from slamming onto the floor as he bowed.

In an instant, everyone was floored!

What was happening?

The 'Brother D' that Cyrus mentioned turned out to be the live-in son-in-law?

Samantha was stunned as well, barely able to stand. She looked at Darryl in admiration. Cyrus returned their money because he feared Darryl!

"Brother D, please forgive me. You must forgive me!" Cyrus was in tears. He hugged Darryl's leg and begged. "If you're unhappy, I will give them another thirty million as an apology! Please forgive me..."

The crowd gasped in surprise! They were delighted.

Darryl waved his hand in dismissal. He replied "It's fine. Go and tell Felix the next time he or any of his followers decide to do anything illegal, they'd better watch out."

"Yes, yes, thank you, Brother D!" Cyrus bowed two more times before he ran off.

The crowd was in awe of Darryl.

"Samantha, you're son-in-law is great!"

"Yes! You always said that he is a loser. You must be mistaken!"

"Your son-in-law is amazing! Please don't tell me he's part of the crime syndicate..."

The bunch of women who were scammed all sang praises in Darryl's name.

Samantha slowly came to her senses. "Yes, yes. My son-in-law is useless most of the time, but he has connections too! Now that you all have your money back, it's time to go home! We'll see each other another day!"

Everyone left, but not before praising Darryl. Lily hugged Darryl tightly, extremely happy with her amazing husband.

Half an hour later, Darryl, Lily and Samantha were back in the mansion.

As he sat in the living are, Darryl felt overwhelmed. His mother-in-law did quite some damage. They had barely lived in this lavish mansion, and she had sold it off. Luckily, the person who bought it would only move in within the next month or so, which gave them at least another month to secure another place to stay.

Lily bid them goodnight and went to bed.

For three years, Darryl and Lily did not share the same bed. They shared the room in their old place, but Lily slept on the bed while Darryl slept on the floor. Now that they had a larger mansion, Darryl had his own room.

Darryl was extremely exhausted after a long day. He switched off his lights, looking forward to having a good night's sleep when there was a knock on his door.

'Could it be Lily? Does she finally want to spend the night with me?' He thought delightedly. He quickly opened the door and was stunned to see Samantha. What was she doing?