Chapter 373

Darryl smiled but stayed silent. He was used to Samanthas scoldings.

Seeing how he ignored her, Samantha was even angrier. "How dare you laugh so shamelessly? I shouldn't have let you marry my daughter! look at the other sons-in-law; they are successful and wealthy. How about you? If you could earn at least ten thousand a month, I would not have had to sell the mansion!"

Lily bit her lip. "Mother, stop." She tried to defend Darryl.

Samantha turned to Lily. "Lily, what is with you? Why do you love him so much? I don't care, you will divorce him tomorrow."

It was because of him that she was in this situation now.

Everyone looked at Darryl and shook their heads. They had all heard how Samantha had a useless son-in-law.

Lily kept gnawing on her lip. She tried to change the subject. "Mother, how much could you trust these financial schemes?"

To get the five hundred back within seven days with a mere ten thousand investment―it was clearly a scam.

Darryl sighed. According to Samantha's explanation, this corporation sounded like a scam. Also, they definitely had huge support from someone influential. Otherwise, they would not have so boldly scammed people out of their hard-earn money.

Eleanor stood up, muttering in despair "I think it will be hard to get our money back. I just found out that the president, Cyrus Carney, is from a crime syndicate. Why else would he dare to hit us with his car?"

Everyone was disappointed. How could they stand up to someone like Cyrus?

'Cyrus Carney? Why did the name sound so familiar?' Darryl frowned. He came to a realization, this man must have been a follower of Felix Blakely. Darryl had dinner with Felix once, and Cyrus was just a bodyguard then.

Who would have thought that he would become a president now?

Just then, Samantha stood up and said confidentl "What are you afraid of? Don't worry! I'll get our money back!"

Everyone looked at Samantha in shock. Eleanor laughed. "Samantha, how are you going to do it? Everyone discussed and came up with nothing, yet you think you could get our money back? Let's just give up."

Samantha's face flushed as she rebutted "Let me tell you, my daughter used to be persued by a man named Ray Gregory. Do you know what his family does? They have a trading company and are very well connected. As long as I call him, I'm sure he will be able to settle this for us!"

Persuer?

Darryl frowned, slightly unhappy.

His mother-in-law was indeed an interesting person. Whenever she faced trouble, she would call one of Lily's old persuers. It used to be Ashton Adagio, but it was not this Ray person.

Lily panicked as her face flushed red. She tugged at Samantha and whispered "Mother, why did you have to mention him?"

Samantha was not wrong. Before Samantha got married, she had many persuers, and Ray Gregory was just one of them. He was rich and powerful, but now that Lily had married Darryl, why did Samantha bring him up?

Samantha disagreed. "Lily, don't you worry about this. We must get out eighty million!" she exclaimed "If we don't get help from Ray, who else do we have? This loser of a son-in-law?"