Falling inlove💕

Luke was a 16 year old boy, a natural charmer, and could probably get with any female attracted to men if he wanted to, or so he'd been told (and had proven after having more than 20 confessions come his way). Though he has never felt anything romantic for another person- He has been told by his age he should've, and whenever he tells his friends, they don't believe him.

Luke sat in the changing rooms, patting his forehead with a towel as he cooled off after another football match. He'd once again scored a vast majority of his teams goals. Because he was one of the stronger athletes of the team.

But he couldn't care less about what was going on.

Whenever his teammates rushed over to celebrate his goal, he laughed and smiled, but his eyes gazed else where.

Over to a lone bench near the gate of the football pitch, where a certain mauve boy was always sat.

His bestfriend.

Whenever he looked up, he on occasion would make slight eye contact, but for the most part, Zander had his nose in his book. Still, just him being there was enough motivation, didn't matter to Luke if Zander actually was watching, he still showed up.

Luke can't help but feel special.

If anyone else were to ask Zander to show up to their football match, Zander would more than definitely burst out laughing, either that or he'd look them up and down.

But yet, he made the time of day to come watch. Well.. be there.

He sighed as he hung the towel around his neck, a small smile coming onto his face, almost immediately returning to a rest when he heard the door to the changing rooms open.

He looked up, and there was Zander. Some hard cover book was cradled in his arms as he walked over and sat on the bench opposite Luke.

"You scored four goals?"

"Oh- Did I-..?" Truth be told. He wasn't paying attention.

"..Yes..? It's almost like... you're the one who scored them...?"

"Oh-! My mind was elsewhere, my bad!"

"Oh? What were you thinking?"

Just as Luke was about to answer, a small incoherent voice in his head started screaming at him, saying he couldn't just go and say 'You', that's weird.

"Oh nothing important no worries!" Luke smiled.

"What book are you reading?"

"Ah.. it's one more aimed for younger people.. but it's still a good one!" He defended. Clearly embarrassed.

"Zander, it's a book, I can barely read flash cards. No need to get embarrassed, what's the book?"

"Why the whales came by Michael Morpurgo... "

"Michael Morpurgo..? OH! is that the one book you Stole from Miss Mary!? Our Middle school teacher!"

"..I wouldn't say steal.."

"You went through her handbag. I'd call that stealing."

"I really liked the book!" Zander whined.

"Poor miss Mary... she's probably wondering where why the whales came by michael Morpurgo went..."

"Well tell her it's in good hands." Zander rolled his eyes.

"I am more than certain she's dead."

"..Oh! ...well I can't really give it back to her now can I..?"

"I was just joking, last I checked she actually got married"

"Why do you know that about our middle school teacher." Zander questioned

"My older sister and her friends actively stalk her Facebook."

"Oh, ok, win"

"I'm starting to think you like my sister more than me."

"I do, she's more likeable. We're going out for coffee later actually."

"WOW. OK!? WHAT OF I JUST GRAB HAILEY AND TAKE HER FOR COFFEE!? HUHHHHHH!?"

"..Go ahead..? I don't know what you want me to say about that?"

"You're insufferable."

"You too. Now get your ass in that shower, you stink of BO." Zander stared him up and down before standing up and leaving.

Ouch.

Luke tossed and turned all night, inable to get Zander out of his head.

His music.

His smile.

His eyes.

His hair.

His personality.

His hobbies.

Everything about Zander was his opposite, and he feels that's why they click.

Lots of people, have referred to them as 'Yin and Yang' because they balance eachother out.

Luke thought for the longest time this was platonic.

..

But was it really?

How could he know?

Was he falling inlove?