Chapter 119

Lan Zhan smiled down at the sleeping man in his arms, as he walked to their car. It had been a long day for Wei Ying, plus the building stress of tomorrow's meeting with the other vampires, and pretending everything was okay with Wen Qing was giving his fiancé added tension that neither of them needed.

Wei Ying should rest when he can.

Lan Zhan had plans for tonight, but it was nothing that couldn't wait.

The drive to the five star Hotel was short, and luckily, Wei Ying woke up just as Lan Zhan parked the car.

"Where are we?" He yawned loudly, stretching and looking around inquisitively.

"A hotel," Lan Zhan tells him, smiling at the tears that leak out of the corners of his eyes because he yawned too strongly. "Wei Ying should sleep some more."

His eyes widened.

"Oh my God, Lan Zhan! I totally spoiled your date! I fell asleep!"

Lan Zhan leans forward and presses a kiss upon his forehead. "Our date. And Wei Ying was tired. It is fine."

"Well, this lump is absolutely awake now!" He insists, folding his arms across his chest in defiance. "And I'm gonna stay awake for whatever comes next, since it's clear that we're not going home just yet." He yawns again despite his words and Lan Zhan just laughs.

Checking into the hotel goes smoothly. Lan Zhan had already packed them an overnight bag (when??) and had taken it out of the trunk, after helping Wei Ying out of his car. The cool breeze helped Wei Ying wake up properly, and he took Lan Zhan's arm on the way up to their room.

They're on the top floor of the swankiest Hotel in Denver.

There's top notch security everywhere, from the bellboy taking their bag up, to the security guard on the other end of the elevator ride, who escorts them to their suite.

Wei Ying is a little bit shocked at this, because he wasn't expecting such a posh place, and Lan Zhan looks smug about it. He discreetly tips everyone they come in contact with, and then suddenly, they're alone.

Once the door closes, Wei Ying fully thought Lan Zhan was going to pounce on him...but no?

Lan Zhan shrugs his jacket off and pours out a glass of water for Wei Ying. While he's drinking it, Lan Zhan's finger traces the collar on his leather jacket.

"I like this colour on you," he says, making Wei Ying shiver.

But when he tries to take it off Wei Ying, the latter quickly pushes himself out of Lan Zhan's range. One hand clutches the lapels of his jacket in a tight fist, as though Lan Zhan was going to rip it from his body, and the other hand is up, palm out in a halting sign against him.

"Wait! Lan Zhan! I have a surprise for you!" Wei Ying starts looking around.

For a few seconds, Lan Zhan is flummoxed. What on earth is he looking for?

"Mirror!" Wei Ying says, as if he's read his mind, and then he grabs Lan Zhan's hand, and ignoring the beautiful room with its many lovely pieces of antique furniture, wall size television screen, bar on one side and golden staircase on the left, Wei Ying opens the side door which turns out to be a correct guess.

It's their bedroom for tonight.

And there is the full length mirror Wei Ying is looking for.

He stands in front of it, chest heaving as he takes in their joint reflection upon its surface.

Wei Ying is looking at Lan Zhan, and he wants to laugh at himself, because when has he ever wanted to look away? Not when he can see Lan Zhan's heavenly face in the mirror, even now not looking at their reflection but staring at him, the real Wei Ying.