Chapter 112

They stop at the Building Supervisor's office on the ground floor.

He's a burly man, red-faced and friendly. Wei Ying tells him about the damage to the door, he nods along sympathetically, but makes no mention of actually fixing it.

"It was a break-in," Wei Ying adds, hoping he will give a positive feedback.

"Oh, that's a shame. I suppose you're going to report it? To the police? Did they take anything?" He asks, sounding more interested in that, than the door being broken.

"Not much to take," Wei Ying laughs, the sound awkward and stilted.

So Lan Zhan decides to take control of this pointless conversation.

"When will the door be fixed?" He tries not to glare at the now unsmiling man.

"Well, these things take time..." He scratches his chin as if he's thinking about it.

Maybe Lan Zhan was jaded now, having had more than a few conversations in his career as an architect with unruly workmen, who thought their little world depended on when they chose to complete deadlines, rather than the multitude of other professionals whose jobs were on the line.

Luckily, this was something he could fix now.

"Get me a piece of blank paper." This time, Lan Zhan uses his Compelling gift.

The super's eyes glaze over, becoming a dull brown, and then he turns around to fetch what Lan Zhan has demanded.

Lan Zhan quickly writes out what he wants in short, direct sentences, and signs the paper, making the super sign it as well. He takes a picture of the document and then carefully folds it, putting it away in the inside pocket of his jacket.

Meanwhile, Wei Ying is staring at him slack jawed, because he read what Lan Zhan wrote and is definitely shocked, because why?

Why would Lan Zhan be requesting-

"And now, you will take your toolbox and go upstairs to Mr. Wei's apartment and fix the door."

They watch the super turn around and get his toolbox, and walk past them to climb up the stairs.

Lan Zhan pays him no mind and takes Wei Ying's elbow to gently guide him outside. He can feel Wei Ying's eyes on him all throughout, and he preens internally that he could do something useful for his boyfriend...no, his fiance.

Wei Ying doesn't stop staring at him, not when he's loading up his trunk, not when he's sitting in the passenger seat, and even while Lan Zhan reaches over him to grab his seat belt.

"Mn?" Lan Zhan tries not to smile, but it's damn hard to stop himself.

"You-, I mean, well, why?" Wei Ying is struggling to gather his thoughts.

It's the smirk that does it, because Wei Ying rips his seat belt off and flings himself into Lan Zhan's arms, kissing him ferociously, a need that bubbles up until he's drowning in it.

Lan Zhan is all for this, an unexpected display of desire, especially when they've had to behave themselves in front of their family. But Wei Ying's lips are so soft, so eager, and the little noises he's making while licking into Lan Zhan's mouth is just devastating.

He's pressing himself into Lan Zhan's body, as if he's making a nest inside his ribs, wanting to get even closer. Lan Zhan understands this; he's wanted to wrap himself around Wei Ying so completely, to be able to protect him from anything that would dare to even glance at him in an unfriendly way, so the sentiment is reciprocated and encouraged.

He bites down on Wei Ying's bottom lip, licking it clean of blood and relishing the resulting power surge that thrums through his every pore, while wondering if he could get away with more, but the wolf whistle of a few straggling passers-by quickly prevents this line of thinking.