CHAPTER FOUR

TOMORROW NIGHT...
ATLANTA, GEORGIA.

Durk seemed too exicted for Jamell's liking. Jamell sat on the edge of Durk's bed as he packed. He crossed his arms and mugged his friend. "And you don't thank it's weird? He just willingly givin' you three tickets and apologizin'?,"

"I do, dats why I'm bringin' friends and my gun." Durk zipped his first suitcase up. "Why? You wanted ta come?,"

"Hell no, I rather watch Andre get fucked by buff niggas,"

Durk chuckled and shook his head. "Just watch over ma house, please?,"

"Mhm, how long ya plan on being out dere?,"

Durk looked up at him. He didn't even think that through. He just wanted to see YB. He wanted to hear him say he was sorry face to face.

Durk shrugged. "Whenevea da concert is ovea,"

"Da concert is fa four days. You gon stay in Cleveland with ya opp for four days?,"

"Nah," Durk lied. If he could distract himself in Cleveland for four days, with no drama? And no Jamell? Then being in the same place with his opps didn't sound to bad. "On da second day Imma come back,"

"Ight den," Jamell shrugged.

Durk couldn't wait for Cleveland..besides the freedom, he desperately wanted to see YB, he thought maybe the two could set their differences aside and become cool again. Possibly collaborate and make a banger.

The thought of them two being in the same place made him suddenly feel ill. He hoped YB wasn't lying about being a new person.

After Durk zipped his second suitcase, Andre came into his room. "Call us and tell is how it went." She smiled. Secretly Andre wanted to go, although she doesn't like YB as a person, the niggas music was her number one. The only reason she didn't go was because of Jamell. She didn't want him to be alone in Durk's house.

"I will." Durk stood up and grabbed both his suitcases.

Suddenly his phone vibrated. He immediately released his suitcases. He pulled out his phone and went to see who it was. YB. He smiled.

SWAMP MONSTER🤢⚠️

You getting ready, red bone?

Don't call me red bone, I'll
change ma mind fast as fuck
and cancel

Shit ma bad. I won't call
ya that no more, just
wanted to make sure you was
still coming

I am

Cool

When I see you back stage,
I want you to apologize to me
face to face, so I'll know it's
genuine

What? I apologized to you in text

Anyone can apologize
in text and not mean it

Alright, fine, I got you,
hope you apologize to me
too, I mean, you did diss ma
dead homie

I got you

Okay then, I'll text ya
when I make it to Cleveland

Ight

...

Andre stood behind Durk. "Dat really him?," she mumbled.

"Who else could it be?," Durk said as he turned his phone off. "You need ta stay out of grown folks business."

"Ain't ma fault, you da one smilin'," She remarked.

"I ain't," Durk shoved his phone back into his pocket and frowned.

"Dats uh lie, whoever you on da phone wit, got you turnin' red." Jamell rolled his eyes.

Durk then realized his face had been heating up the whole time. He looked into his long length mirror and saw his face. It was red.

"India texted him back," Andre lied for Durk's sake.

"Oh alright," Jamell knew Andre was lying, but he didn't care to agrue his case. He got up and grabbed Durk's suitcases. "Let's get yo ass on dis flight...who comin' wit ya anyway?,"

"Toosi and Dominique."

"Oh yeah you in good hands." Jamell laughed. "Dem niggas gon have ya back fasho."

The two walked downstairs and to the front door. As Jamell talked on and on about nothing. Durk kept thinking back to YB, why was he blushing over this bum ass nigga? Maybe it was because of his smile, he loved seeing him smile. He had stayed up last night just watching compilations of YB being funny, his smile made him rewind the video multiple times. Or maybe it's his rawness and ability to not give a fuck. It reminded him of Von.

YB's soft side and raw side made Durk become more invested to talk to him.

"Ayyee, let's get dis shit goin'!," Toosi shouted from the uber.

The uber driver rolled his eyes. If he'd known he would driving them to the airport, he wouldn't canceled immediately.

Durk laughed.

"Open da trunk nigga damn," Jamell frowned. The suitcases were creating a cramp in his lower back.

"Damn rappers." The uber driver grumbled as he opened the trunk with the press of a button.

Dominique opened the door and Durk slide in. "Ma nigga, ma nigga, ma nigga!,"

Durk laughed as he dapped Dominique up, he then leaned forward and dapped Toosi up. "Glad yo asses could come,"

" I wouldn't miss dis shit fa da world." Toosi smiled. "I had ta lie ta my girl fa dis ticket."

Dominique chuckled as Jamell slammed the trunk closed. Jamell walked around, reaching his hand into the black SUV, he dapped Durk up. "Y'all niggas stay safe,"

"You know me," Toosi pulled his shirt up and revealed his silver pistol. "I'm hidin' anothea one in ma back."

"Dats what's up," Jamell dapped Toosi up. He then leaned in and dapped Dominique up. "Can't fuhget ma favorite rapper,"

Dominique laughed. "Yo ass uh fool man,"

Jamell stepped back and watched as the tinted window rolled up.

"Aye, past the aux!," Durk commanded.

When the black SUV drove onto the street and pulled off. Jamell turned around and walked back into the house.