CHAPTER TEN

TWO DAYS LATER...WEDNESDAY EVENING.
CLEVELAND, OHIO.

DURK...

It had been two days since Kentrell and him had talked and he could feel his energy drain. He hoped Kentrell was alright, seeing his eyes change pitch black before him still gives him nightmares. He'd never seen anything like that before.

He regretted saying no to the hang out...

Dominique and Toosi had went out to the strip club. So that meant Durk was all alone in his pent house.
He might as well call Jamell up. He went to his contacts and called Jamell. It rung...and rung...then it clicked.

"Well, well, well," Andre said as loud drill music played in the background. "I was wonderin' when yo ass was gon call us."

Durk chuckled. "Ma bad, I got caught up, I was thankin' about cha doe."

"Mhm," Andre hummed. "How you doin?.,"

"Meh," Durk shrugged. "Been uh little bored lately.."

"Why? It's so much ta do in Cleveland,"

"I know." Durk whispered. "Andre, don't tell Jamell, but, I chatted wit Kentrell two days ago."

"You bullshittin'," Andre said.

"I'm not, I wish I could've screen recorded it, but, it happened sa fast." Durk said as he got up from the couch. "Kentrell's uh weird ass nigga."

"Yeah, and I know ya thinkin' 'bout 'im," Andre teased. "Don't lie, ya got uh thang fa chocolate skin niggas."

Durk sucked his teeth.

"Oh, remember dat YB number I was textin'?,"

"Yeah,"

"Turns it, it wasn't even Kentrell, it was his old buddy Jesse." Durk said as he stood near the window. He looked at the buildings and streets.

"He must be uh fan?,"

"Probably--," Durk turned away from the window when he heard his door bell ring. "Either dat or he's tryna get at Kentrell through me."

"Yeah," Andre said.

"Hey Durk!," Jamell yelled.

Durk smiled, "Hey...why is dere loud music? Y'all at da studio?,"

"Nah, we chillin' at yo house, we havin' uh football game party." Jamell admitted which caused Andre to pinch him. 

Durk sighed before he opened the front door, "I swear if anythang goes missin'---,"
He stopped as a bouquet of flowers, stretched out in front of his face. "Miss meh?," The voice asked, before they leaned their head to the side, it was Kentrell.

"Imma call you back---," Durk said, before Kentrell took his phone, and hung it up for him.

"Dis better work, Kennie. " Kentrell internally mumbled.

"It will, people love flowers." Kennie smiled.

"How did you find me? How'd you know I was even here?," Durk frowned.

"Just take da flowers, damn." Kentrell said.

Durk took the flowers, although he's not a big fan of them, he'll accept them because they came from Kentrell's bare hands, maybe it will brighten the place up alittle.
Kentrell stepped in, and closed the door behind himself.

"Toosi sent meh ya addy." Kentrell admitted.

"So you answer his text, but not mine." Durk said, as he sat the flowers on the kitchen counter. "You weird."