CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN

KENTRELL...

"Noo, I'm not playing anymore." Heaven, Durk's niece said as she ran from her hiding spot.

Kentrell laughed as he carried Durk on his shoulder. "You can't just quit like dat, you cheatin', mad cause I gotcha Uncle."

Heaven rushed over to save her Uncle when Kentrell used his other arm and picked her up, now she too was trapped.
Heaven screamed and laughed as Durk smiled at the beautiful moment, it was like they were a family.

Kentrell gently slammed the two onto the couch and attacked Heaven with tickles.

Heaven laughed and tears fell down her cheeks. Durk sat up and grabbed Kentrell's arms. "Run Heaven! Run!."

Heaven immediately got up and ran off in Durk's big house. Kentrell sighed and plopped down beside Durk. "Her ass need ta be on uh damn track team."

"I told her mom ta put her in sum athletic program, but, she don't want her little angel gettin' hurt."

"Mane, ain't nobody gone touch her if dey know who her Uncle is."

Durk laughed and nudged Kentrell. "I ain't dat dangerous."

"Man." Kentrell scoffed. "You da same person who pulled uh gun on meh."

"Oh really?! I was tryna help you out."

Kentrell chuckled. "I know. Fuck, she got ma lungs doin' ovea time."

"Ya gon have ta work on dat since we'll be adoptin' soon." Durk said as he played with Kentrell's twist.

"I will." Kentrell rested his head on Durk's stomach. "Ready fa tomorrow?."

Durk sighed. "Yes and no, I'm nervous."

"Me too."

"Like, we're gonna be husbands tomorrow, dat don't scare you?."

"Yeah, but, I feel like I've met ma match." Kentrell grabbed Durk's other hand.

"India texted meh last night. She said she's happy we squashed our beef."

"But?." Kentrell mugged.

"She talkin' 'bout gettin' back tagethea."

"You wanna get back wit her?." Kentrell asked as calmly as possible, but he felt his blood rising.

"No. I do wanna invite her ta our weddin' doe, just ta--ya know, set things straight."

"I thought we was only invitin' friends?." Kentrell arched his brow.

"I know, but, we don't have uh lot of friends, and since we're usin' uh great amount of our money fa uh big weddin, I wanna invite as many people as I can."

"Okay, invite her, but I'm invitin' Lila." Kentrell said.

Durk opened his mouth to protest but immediately gotten silent. He clenched his jaw, rolled his eyes and forced a fake smile. "Okay."

Kentrell turned on his back. "Ion whatcha attackin' her once she gets here either."

"I'm not gone touch her." Durk rolled his neck with attitude.

"Promise meh. Yon see meh gettin' mad 'bout India comin'."

"I promise." Durk sighed.

Kentrell grabbed both of Durk's hands and held them like a teddy bear. "Who else ya addin' ta da list?."

"Ma mama and ma sista of course, and dats it."

"Dats not bad, ion really have close family like you do, dey don't really fuck wit meh." Kentrell said. "Ma brother passed away last year, ma sistas have moved across da country, ma momma might come, only because I'm payin' fa ha' dream house, ma pops---." He stopped himself and sat up. He bit the inside of his cheek and his eyes gotten low. "Yeah, ma momma might come."