CHAPTER SEVENTY-EIGHT (WHAT IT USED TO BE PRT 2)

KENTRELL...
JUNE 02, 2019
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
OLD CRIB

He waited two hours and still no ring or buzz from his phone

He waited two hours and still no ring or buzz from his phone. He had a feeling Durk wouldn't call him like he promised.
He felt like an idiot, a groupie, for waiting on him to call.
Kentrell plugged his phone up and laid back down in his king size bed alone. His niggas had left to go be with their girlfriends. Go figure.

He placed his hands behind his head and stared at the dark corner. After a while, his eyes began to present a dark figure standing in the corner in such a weird position.

Kentrell sighed softly. He turned his back from the corner and closed his eyes. He yawned and before he could get comfortable. His phone rung. He reached behind himself, unplugged the phone, and looked at who could be calling. It was Durk.
He rolled his eyes and waited for his phone to stop vibrating. He thought if Durk really fucked with him, he would call twice just in case.

When his phone stopped vibrating, he was immediately consumed in the annoying silence. He sat up and laid his back against the detachable wooden headboard. He pulled the covers up to cover his bare thighs. Since he was young he could never sleep in full clothing.

It didn't take a minute for his phone to ring again. Kentrell smiled and answered it.

"Mhmm?."

"Hey, sorry I didn't call ya soon enough. Had ta stop Von and Taurus from fightin...again." Durk sighed. "Sometimes I wonder how dey can be around each othea fa sa long."

"Me too." Kentrell said tiredly. "You home?."

"Yeah. I just came inside. Were you sleepin" or sumthin'? You sound tired."

"Yea."

"Shit, ma fault, I'll call ya tamorrow--."

"Nah, you good, I'm glad ya called, it be so lonely in ma house sometimes."

"Where yo niggas at?."

"Dey went ta be wit dey girls."

"Damn. Wish I was dere witcha, we would've stayed up all night, playin' games and gettin' high."

Kentrell chuckled. "Nah, keep dat laced shit ta yaself."

Durk giggled. "Whatcho got in mind den? Cause I don't smoke cigarettes."

"We could get drunk." Kentrell shrugged.

"And den?."

"Eat sum take-out."