CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO (THE BIG DEAL)

KENTRELL...

Kentrell played his music on his aux cord. His hand rested on Durk's thigh. He squeezed tightly, Jamell and Andre sat in the backseat.

"When you get down dis road go left." Kentrell said. Suddenly his phone ringed. It was his favorite baby's mama Lila. He immediately unconnected his phone with excitement and answered it.

"Heyy." Kentrell smiled.

Durk arched his brows and began to eavesdrop.

"Yeah, I'm fine, you okay?." Kentrell stroked the small hairs on his cheek. "Good, good, yeah‐--I'm sorry, look, imma explain errythang ta ya, okay? I never meant ta lie like dat...Ya still love meh?." Kentrell smiled. "I love ya to."

Jamell smirked as Durk and Andre glanced at Kentrell with anger. Durk gripped the steering wheel, trying everything in his
being not to grab Kentrell's phone and chuck it out the window.

"Ya real brave talkin' ta whoever ya talkin' ta like dat." Jamell said.

"We cool nie, he uh chill dude, I'll let cha meet him one day...How ma son?---Damn, wish I was dere ta see dat. I know ya said I could see 'im, but, da label and da cops are all on ma ass. I had ta practically beg ta get out of Cleveland." Kentrell said. "When ya pass dis road, go left."

Durk rolled his eyes. Kentrell arched his brow. "Hold on Lilly." He muted himself and turned his direction towards his angry fiancée. "What's up witcha?."

"You." Andre frowned. "Cheatin' on ma best friend while he right beside ya."

"What?!." Kentrell's brows rose as he turned to Andre. "I ain't cheatin', and if I was, I wouldn't do it in front of Golden or y'all, dat would be stupid as fuck."

"So you would do it? I knew he was bad news." Jamell egged on.

"Who was on da phone Kentrell?." Durk finally put his two cents in after hearing Jamell and Andre's remarks.

"Ma baby's mama, Lila, ya probably seen ha' IG befoe." Kentrell said.

"I ain't seen dat bitch befoe." Durk showed his clenched teeth.

"Woah, hey nie, don't call Lila no bitch, ya can call ma other baby mamas dat but her."

"Why? Huh? Why can't I call her uh---."

"Cause, I said so, ya need ta relax, me and her ain't uh thang no mo. It's us, you and me, I proposed ta you, not Lila, yeah we got uh son togethea, but it's no--relationship, only uh friendship."

"Why she called ya?."

"She wanted ta check on me, what are you da feds?."

"I just wanted ta know."

"Ya could've asked, instead of gettin' ya green goblins ta jump me." Kentrell mugged.

"Ight, ight, I'm--."

"Nah, Golden, we've been together fa sum days nie and ya already thankin' differently of me, I'm tryna grow and mature fa ya because I love ya and you questionin' ma morals."

Durk gotten silent and awkwardly wiped his forehead. He felt a clog in his throat.
Andre looked out the window and cringed uncomfortably.

"Dat shit ain't cool, I hadn't questioned ya not once since we've been togethea because I respect ya, but I feel like ya not returnin' it."

Durk felt sick to his stomach, he pulled over to the side of the road. "I just need ta breathe." He said before he got out the car.

Jamell mugged. He never seen Durk act like this vulnerable and soft before. Kentrell unmuted himself on the phone. "Aye, look, Lila, imma talk ta ya tamorrow, sumthin' came up...Good night, love ya too." He said as he hung up and got out the car.

Andre rolled the window down slightly so she could the conversation.

Durk paced back and forth in front of the woods, he didn't care if a bear snatched him up. He felt a sharp pain in his stomach, as if something was trying to escape. He hyperventilated. Kentrell walked over.

"What's goin' on witcha Golden? Dis ain't like ya." Kentrell said softly.

"I just need ta breathe." Durk gasped.

Kentrell grabbed Durk and held him tightly.
He suddenly felt his shirt getting soaked with small drops of water. Soft sniffs and sighs could be heard.

"I don't wanna go through da same thang I put India through, I'm scared, I don't want ya ta leave." Durk said as he had his face buried into Kentrell's chest.

"Ya crazy if ya thank I'm gone leave ya." Kentrell scoffed. "We in dis fa life, ya past is ya past, da only thang dat should mattea is if ya maturin' yaself, and from what I can see, ya doin' just fine." He rubbed Durk's head and back.

"Ya got me doin' things I've done wit uh guy befa." Durk wiped his eyes. "I feel sa stupid sometimes."

"Just cause ya feel stupid don't mean ya are. You, ya mind, and ya body are just tryna get use ta dis relationship."

Durk wiped his eyes again and Kentrell grabbed his wrists tenderly.

"What is you cryin' fa bahbeh? You not in trouble." He chuckled softly.

"Ion know, goin' through alot."

"Let's go home den."

"What 'bout da golf course? I still wanna go."

"Den wipe ya face and get in da passenger seat." Kentrell smiled.

Durk sighed softly and laid his head back onto Kentrell's chest. "I think Taurus got meh actin' dis way, I've neva felt dis much anger and sadness befa."

"Right, fuhgot 'bout 'im, ya probably right, or, dis is ya way of lettin' all ya emotions out aftea holdin' it in fa sa long."

"I guess, haven't cried since I was uh baby."

Kentrell nodded his head. "Me too. Come on, let's clear our minds wit uh game of golf."

Durk smiled.

Kentrell grabbed Durk's hand and they walked back to the car. Andre rolled the window up and sat back, she was smiling, Kentrell was actually trying to change himself into something positive.

Kentrell got into the driver's seat and Jamell crossed his arms. He frowned and kicked the passenger seat as Durk sat down.

"Ya good nie?." Kentrell asked.

"Yeah." Durk smiled.

"Okay den, look, I'll put ma phone on dnd--."

"Nah, ya don't gotta do dat shit, I was just bein' insecure and childish."

Kentrell smiled softly, Jamell quickly turned his head as Kentrell leaned forward and kissed Durk. Andre pouted her lips out and smiled.