CHAPTER SIXTY

DURK...

"Ma mom is callin' meh back." Durk said as he leaned into the passenger seat of his Hellcat. He grabbed his phone from his back pocket.

"Answer ha'." Kentrell leaned into the driver's seat of Durk's black Hellcat. He shoved the keys into the ignition and stroked the leather of the steering wheel. The engine purred lowly as he pressed his foot onto the gas.

"Yeah ma'?...Ma' really?." Durk frowned with disgust. "Yes we usin' protection." He lied smoothly. "What dat gotta do wit you?."

Kentrell coughed in his throat.

"She wanna talk ta ya." Durk handed his phone to Kentrell.

"She might as well have ma phone numbea." Kentrell grumbled as he took the phone and placed it onto his ear. "Hey, again...yes ma'am I'm clean, I ain't got no disease I promise you...I'm usin' protection...ya don't gotta bring nothin' fa meh...alright, thank you Ms. Banks." Kentrell chuckled and handed the phone back to Durk. "She said she gone get meh uh goodie basket."

"Ooh ma' what 'bout meh?." Durk pouted. "He ain't da only one gettin' married, and I haven't had ya cookin' since I was seventeen."

"She like meh mo." Kentrell teased.

Durk nudged him and scoffed. "I'm her son."

"I'm her son in law, she welcomin' meh ta da family."

"Nigga whatevea." Durk said. "Ya gone bring meh one too?...thank ya mama." Durk stuck his tongue out. "Ight, I'll see ya soon, bye."

"You such uh hater." Kentrell reversed out of Durk's parking lot.

"She ma mom." Durk hung up the phone and shoved it into his back pocket. "She so weird fa askin' dat question doe."

"Ya funny fa lyin'."

"She would choke meh through da phone if I told ha' we was doin' it raw, she don't play 'bout protection."

"She actin' like I'm gone getcha pregnant." Kentrell said.

Durk shrugged. "Dats ma mom foe ya."

"I adore ha', she way cooler dan ma momma."

"Maybe sum day ya momma would change her pov of things."

"Yeah, sum day."

Durk sat comfortably in his passenger seat and watched silently/fondly as Kentrell slowly bopped his head to Giveon.

He grabbed Kentrell's free hand and held it tightly. Kentrell, without taking his eyes off the street, pulled Durk's hand up and kissed the back of his hand.

Durk melted. He'd never felt so close to someone emotionally before. It felt like getting high for the first time.