CHAPTER THIRTEEN (SLOW JAMS)

KENTRELL

KENTRELL...

5-3

After the forth round of bowling. Kane seemed to be the only one to keep the game going. Durk was smoking the blunt, Jonathan was ordering McDonald's, and Kentrell was walking back in forth with his hands in his pockets.

"Quarter pounder or Big Mac?," Jonathan asked.

"Doesn't matter ta me." Durk said as he exhaled softly.

"Quarter pounder." Kane said as he went to retrieve his green bowling ball.

"Don't matter ta meh eithea." Kentrell said as he walked back to the table.

"Y'all matchin' hard as hell right nie." Jonathan teased.

"He copyin' me." Durk frowned.

"Get da fuck out of hea', da day I copy you is da day I paint da city red." Kentrell frowned back as he sat down beside Jonathan. 

"Y'all givin' mix signals." Kane comments.

"Fuck him. Dere's ya mixed signal." Kentrell said.

Jonathan popped his thigh. "Behave."

"Dis nigga is da reason we lost da first and second round of bowlin',"

"Me? Nigga ain't you da one who striked uh zero on da second round?," Durk raised his brows.

"Hey, hey, enough. Food will be hea' in three hours." Jonathan said as he closed out of His McDonald's app.

Kentrell got ready to protest when he heard  the song his mom use to play.

"I'm talking to you baby, I miss you." Aaron Hall's voice echoed in the empty bowling alley.

Kentrell furrowed his brows. Memories of his parents slow dancing made his eyes water. But he didn't cry, he couldn't, those years were over.
Kentrell turned to Durk who was opening a pack of skittles. 
He reached across and grabbed Durk's hand without hesitation. "Can we dance real quick? Dis is ma mamas favorite song."

"I thought it was fuck me," Durk used his other hand and placed the pack of skittles back on the table.

"It is." Kentrell said as he stood up. "But dat don't mean we can't dance." He grabbed Durk's other hand.

"I don't dance." Durk said.

"I don't dance eithea." Kentrell smiled. 

"No." Durk pulled his hands away.

"What are you so scared about? Ain't nobody hea' but us, Golden." Kentrell smirked.

"I don't dance, I can't dance." Durk said.

"Me neithea, but, I'm tryna have fun, break you out of ya shell." Kentrell grabbed Durk's hands and pulled him onto his feet. "Let's go struggle togethea, if Jon or Kane laugh, I'll handle dem."

"Don't nobody give uh fuck about y'all dancin'." Kane frowned.

Durk and Kentrell playfully flipped Kane off.

Kentrell hummed to the song as he rocked back and forth with Durk. He placed his long arms on Durk's shoulder and kissed his forehead. 
"I would've played dis on ma weddin' day, problem is, I ain't good at commitments, " He admitted. 

Durk placed his head on Kentrell's chest and quietly listened to his heart beat. Weird. It matched his. He glanced up and saw Kentrell's eyes. They glowed and glistened beautifully.

"Durin' ma past relationship, I wasn't to loyal eithea," Durk shamefully said.

Kentrell gripped him tightly. He sighed softly. "Followin' right into ma father's footsteps, I hate him, but I am his seed."

Durk accidentally stepped on Kentrell's foot as Kentrell tried to twirl him.

"Shit, sorry--,"

"You good, relax, you good." Kentrell chuckled as he placed his arms around his waist. He laid his chin on Durk's shoulder.

"I'm talkin' ta ya baby, I miss you." Kentrell sung. Durk blushed as he felt Kentrell's warmth.