The New School

6:15 am
I reach over to stop my alarm. Why does this school have to start at 08:00 am??
I stretch my arms into the air and sit there for a couple minutes.

I find the energy to get out of bed and make my way to the bathroom.
I hear a knock on the bathroom door.
"It's open" I said with a lack of energy.

"Bonjour, je pensais venir vérifier si tu es réveillé" in came my mum.

("Morning, I thought i'd come check to see if your awake")

"Oui, mais je suis très fatigué" i say while placing my hands over the sink.

("Yes i am but i'm very tired")

My mum gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and left.
I brush my teeth, put on deodorant, etc.
I put my hair back into to little messy buns.

(like this)

And i do my makeup like Britney's as that's the craze right now

(like this)

I rummage around my suitcases and put together an outfit

I rummage around my suitcases and put together an outfit. I find some low rise flare jeans and a vest top. I make sure to roll up my vest top so my belly piercing shows. I finish off my outfit with jewellery and body spray.

I creep my way down the stairs because i don't want to risk waking my dad up from his beauty sleep. I make my way to the kitchen and see my mum cooking. The smell of bacon and eggs hits me straight away.
"Est-ce que c'est ce que je pense?" i ask excitedly.

("Is that what i think it is?")

"Oui chérie" My mum smiles.

("Yes sweetheart")
I sit down at the island countertop. My mum serves a plate of eggs and bacon in front of me.
"Merci!" I clap out of excitement. My mum smiles before serving up a plate for my dad. I shove as much food as i could in my mouth.
"Ralentis, ça ne va pas s'enfuir!" My mum looks at me in disbelief.

("Slow down, it's not going to run away")

"Whatever" i roll my eyes.
We both laugh it off.

"Is that what i think it is?!" I hear what sounds like elephant footsteps fly down the stairs.
"Notre fille a dit exactement la même chose" Mum handed Dad his plate.
("Our daughter said the exact same thing")
"Ah, she learns from the best!"

My dad can understand and speak french but he's too scared to speak it just incase he says the wrong thing.

"I like what you've done with your person" My dad exclaim while sitting down next to me.
"Thank you! I did it to impress the boys" I joked around.
Me and My dad have always had the same sense of humour but it's most definitely not the same with my mum.
"Watch your words, young lady" A thick french accent left my mums mouth.
Whenever she spoke in English, she was majorly pissed off.
I take a last spoon full of eggs before making my way to the sink. I put my plate in the sink and start to wash up.

7:30 am
I grab my platform shoes hoping school won't tell me off for them. I pick up my school backpack and grab my flip phone.
"Goodbye, Au revoir!" I shout up the stairs.
"Attendez!", rushed footsteps storm down the stairs, "S'il vous plaît, appelez-moi si quelque chose arrive." Said my very worried mum.
("Wait! Please call me if anything happens.")
"I will, stop worrying maman" I gave her a warming smile.
I open the door and walk out before waving goodbye to my mum.

I walk out into the pavement which is surrounded by trees. I grab my flip phone and take a photo so my mum knows i'm safe because she worries about stuff like that. After putting my flip phone back in my pocket, i take a deep breath in letting the cool air travel through my nose. I'm soon snapped out of my peace trance by..

"Hey" a hand grabbed my arm.
I shoved the hand off my arm in panic.
"Uh hello, I said about hey five times and you ignored me??" said a blonde haired girl.
"Oh sorry", i was confused, "who are you??"
She holds out her hand, "I'm Marjorie and i'm guessing you're the new girl." She says in a thick german accent.
"Oh, um", Memories flood back, "I'm Holly"
"Nice to meet you, Holly! I'm sure we'll be friends" She laughed before running off. Weird.

I arrive to the school. Here goes nothing.
I walk through the halls and surprise, they're all whispering.
"Omg, wer ist sie?"
"Sie sieht seltsam aus"
"Schau dir ihre Haare an, sie sehen dumm aus"
Unfortunately, i can understand a bit of German and i know everything they're saying. I keep my tears in because i don't want to ruin my make up.
I look at the slip of paper that came through our postbox yesterday that had all my lessons and class numbers on it.

"Class 8a? What?" i'm so confused.
"It's that classroom over there."
I jumped, "Wha-" I turn around and see a boy wearing a cap with dreads and very baggy clothes.
"Class 8a is over there" he points.
"Oh, um thank you, i was so confused" i awkward laughed.
"It's fine we've all been there", he steps forward, "I'm Tom and you are?"
"Holly" i smile.
"Nice to meet you" he smiled back.
"You two, Class is about to start! Classrooms now!" A teacher pokes her head out the door.
Tom walks away but i stop him.
"Hey, thank you" i whisper-speak.
"Anytime."

I run to my class.
I storm in and all eyes on me.
"shit", i whisper, "am i late??"
"No you're right on time, don't worry my lovely." the teacher gave a warming smile.
"Right, you can sit", she looks around the class, "Ah, Ha! Bill."
I look over where she's pointing. I made eye contact with Bill. Oh my god.
He has spiked skunk hair, black eyeshadow all over his eyes and an eyebrow piercing. This boy is angelic, everything i need.

"Oooooo" filled the room.
"Right, quiet all of you! Please go sit" she smiled.
I walk over to the desk and sat in the seat closest to the wall as that was the free seat.
I noticed out the corner of my eye, Bill was staring at me. When he realised he got caught in the act, he looked away.

"Class 8a, Please get out your books."
I look around confused.
"I think i have a spare book, hold on."
Bill reached down the middle of our seat seen as that's where his bag was. He was really close to me, perfect.
I go close to his ear, "Take a picture next time, it lasts longer." He stopped rummaging through his bag for a second. I smirk to myself. I quietly inhaled his cigarette mix with expensive cologne and alcohol smell one more time before leaning backwards.
He straightens back up and hands me a book.
"There you go." He mumbles.
"Thank you" i smirk ever more after seeing his rosy cheeks.
"Please write the learning title and date, class 8a!" The teacher had to shout as the people in the back were being loud. I reach down to my bag which also happens to be in the middle of our chairs too. I reach around for my pencil case.
"I could say the same for you", chills went down my spine hearing his voice, "the way you looked at me when you first walked in, i can tell you like to play games, sweetheart."
I freeze as complete lust takes over my body.
The teacher clears her throat and lightly slaps her ruler on the table, "do i really need to separate you two already??"