The Night Is Still Young

I walk downstairs to the kitchen, seen as i had at least half an hour before i need to leave. I make my way to the fridge to see what i could have.

I sigh as i open the door to the empty fridge.
Since my mum left, dad hasn't really been doing well.

He's been drinking his life away, completely forgetting about groceries and putting the bins out, not cleaning up dirty dishes, etc.

I have tried to help but as soon as everything is clean more dirty things show up.

Luckily, there was a bag of fresh apples left in the top of the fridge.

I hum at the sight of fresh food, seen as everything in the fridge has gone off like completely gone off.

I place the apple to my mouth and munch on it as i grab a pen and post it note from the stationery pot in the kitchen.

I write a to-do list for my dad as it seems he can't function on his own.

Pop's To-Do List

MAKE SURE YOU DO IT.

• go to the shops and buy fresh foods

• take out the bins

• clean the dishes

• CLEAN THE HOUSE
(i'll help if you buy me an ice cream from the shops.)

• do some self care work.
read a book, have a break, etc.

• and stop drinking/buying beer !!

I place the note on the fridge door as my dad always reads anything that's out on the fridge.

I finish munching on my apple and go to throw it in the bin.

As i open the bin lid, i see a card with my name on it.

huh, i don't recall getting a card and definitely don't recall putting it in the bin.

Luckily, it was on top of all the rubbish so i pick it up out of the bin.

I examined the card to realise it hasn't even been opened.

It was just simply thrown in the bin, i wonder what it could be- shit!

i'm going to be late for school!

My eyes widen in shock at the time.

7:45 am

SCHOOL STARTS AT 8:00!!

I quickly place the card in my pocket, run out of the kitchen and to the front door.

I look around for some shoes and see a random pair of trainers, they'll have to do.

I fumble around with the laces in stress, "fuck this shit!" i mumble to myself.

I feel as Marley kicks me slightly, i'm guessing because i'm moving around so much.

"calm down, marls." I say a place my hand on my stomach and rub it up.

I grab my keys and run out the door as quickly as i can. I shut the door and quickly run up the driveway.

As i walk i feel a slight buzz in my pocket, im guessing it's my phone.

I take my phone out of my pocket to see who it is.

Billy❤️

oh god, what's he done now??
I pick up the call as i run down the cool streets.

hey, billy.

where are you, my love? i can't find you anywhere.

that's because im not at school yet!