Abuse, Drugs and Alcohol

MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️

feel free to skip this chapter if you feel uncomfortable with the following warnings as it can be a sensitive subject.

Mention of Drug Abuse

Mention of Alcohol Use

Mention of Verbal Abuse

please feel free to skip as it's only a flashback 🤍

that's all from me,
enjoy !!

.....

November 13th 2006

They say your mind blocks out all the bad parts,

but i don't think i'll ever be able to with the events of tonight.

20 minutes beforehand

I sigh as i bend down to the washing machine to pick up mine and Benny's freshly washed clothes,

I obviously don't want to do this!

i'd rather be up in my room watching trash tv.

but it's fine, i'll survive.
i've also got to be quick with this as i'm only in a vest and shorts, im freezing my tits off here.

it gets incredibly cold at wintertime in France.

"Tu ferais mieux de faire cette lessive, jeune femme !" A voice shouts from across the room.

("You better do that laundry, young lady!")

I sigh, "Ma, what do you think i'm doing?!" i shout across the room annoyed at my mother for constantly shouting at me.

She walks past the laundry room and stops to talk to me, "Arrête avec cette attitude."

("Stop with this attitude.")

"Stop shouting at me then." I push the laundry into the basket furiously at her words.

I feel my body being picked up by the collar of my shirt and i'm faced to my angry mother.

"Ne me parle plus jamais comme ça", Mum drops me back down to the floor, "pathétique."

("Don't ever talk to me like that again" "pathetic")

I lay down on the floor accepting my defeat, accepting the fact she'll never get better.

She'll never stop hitting, never stops snorting all different kinds of things.

She doesn't think anyone knows about that,

but i guess when you force your own daughter to clean the whole house,

she'll find your secret drug stash.

But if i ever confront her, she'll blame it on Dad or Bens.

Especially Benny.

Because Benny is looped up in the drug fanatic, he doesn't think i know about that either.

Once, a small bag filled with white power dropped out his pocket once when he was going out, luckily i saw it before our mother did.

I discarded it and never talked about it again.

it wouldn't surprise me if my dad is looped in too, but i'd rather not know.

I wipe the silent tears that crept from my eyes away and stand up slowly.