-24-

Y/n was tapping her feet. She has tried to talk to Jungkook multiple times, but he didn't reply to her texts. She saw the article and now she was worried that maybe Jungkook saw it too and misunderstood her.

Her eyes were fixed on the ground, she was sitting on a plane, she was just waiting to land back in Korea, so she could talk to Jungkook. Taehyung, noticing her distress, gently reached out to touch her shoulder.

"Hey, don't worry too much about this. These rumors come and go all the time." Taehyung said he was sitting beside her.

Y/n looked up at him, her worry evident in her eyes.

"But, Tae, this one feels different. Jungkook won't just brush it off."

Taehyung said. "Trust me, he'll understand. I'll talk to him, explain everything."

Y/n sighed, "No, you don't. You think he'll believe you? It's complicated, Tae."

Taehyung tilted his head, "Complicated how? He doesn't trust you? There was nothing inappropriate about the pictures, he knows we are friends,"

Y/n hesitated, searching for the right words. "It's not about trust. I can't expect him to understand."

Taehyung nodded his head. "Maybe he didn't even see the article."

Her lips formed a thin line, she knows Jungkook has seen it or else he would have called her.
_

"I can drop you closer to your house," Taehyung said.

"No, thank you for dropping here." Y/n said, they came back one day early, and it was night and Taehyung didn't let her come.

"I will wait here, let me know if you need me." Taehyung said.

"No, just go home." She exclaimed and left the car. Taehyung stared at her as she walked to her house.

He looked at his phone and saw texts from Shinhye. He sighed and replied to them.

Y/n entered the house, she looked around the apartment, and she couldn't see Jungkook. "I am home," she said and she heard no responses.

She felt bad about it, she walked in and she was feeling worried.

She then saw Jungkook, absorbed in caring for little Jun, he knew she was here, but he was ignoring her.

She approached him cautiously. "I came early," she said.

"Jungkook," she called out softly, but he remained focused on the baby.

Jungkook lifted his gaze, he put his finger over his lips, and whispered. "Can't you see he is sleeping? You don't care about him, but I do, I'm taking care of Jun right now. We'll talk later."

"How has my junnie been?" She tried to touch Jun.

"Keep your hands away from my child." He said. She was a little understanding, but she knows why he is behaving this way.

"I want to talk to you?"

He carefully placed Jun in the crib, his jaw tightening. "About what? Your affair?"

Y/n clenched her fists, struggling to contain her emotions. "We need to address this now, Jungkook."

He holds her hand and pulls her out of the room, before closing the room gently. "Okay, yeah address it. Lie to me, like you do."

"Jungkook, I never meant to lie," she said.

"Explain then, you meeting Taehyung coincidentally in Korea might make sense, but explain how you were able to meet him in Japan too?" He asked.