-41-

1999

Jungkook's eyes widened with joy as he saw the colorful birthday cake, with a glowing candle which was saying 4.

“Happy birthday to you,” His parents sing. Making Jungkook smile he hugged his parents.

“Come on, make a wish, cut the cake,” His mother said.

Jungkook closed his eyes and quickly made a wish before blowing the candle. “I have the gift for you,” his father said.

Jungkook was shocked to see the roller skates, the gift he had been eagerly waiting for. “Thank you dad!” He hugged his father.

Her initial smile faded, replaced by a furrowed brow.

Jungkook watched his mother leave and his father followed her. He was confused but he turned his focus to the cake. Tasting the cake with his finger.

He waited for his parents, but then he decided to check what was happening, so he went near the door.

"Roller skates? Are you kidding me?" she exclaimed, her tone a mix of frustration and disbelief. " Why you bought her the expensive ones”

Jungkook's father, caught off guard, said, "I just wanted him to have a happy birthday. I thought it would make him so happy."

His mother was upset, "Happy birthday won't pay the bills, and we're struggling as it is. We can't be spending money on things we don't need."

Jungkook's innocent excitement turned to confusion, watching his parents. He decided to leave and go back to the living room. He stared at the roller skates and he was upset.

His mother just doesn't want to see him happy.

They continue to argue, “Why are you being mad over such a small thing?”

“It's not small, he was happy,”

“He gets happy even over small things, and if you really want happiness you should stop drinking so much. You spend so much money on drinks,” she said. “You have no control over how you spend,”

The bell rang, “Must be, Myeong.” He exclaimed.

“Why did you invite her?” Jungkook's mother, Haeun asked.

“Because she knows doesn't ruin important moments like you do.” he replied.
__

“Mom, I don't want to eat this.” Taehyung pouted.

His mother shook his head. “You should eat your veggies,”

“Exactly, we all should eat our veggies, shouldn't we?” His father said, Eunsook looked at her plate.

“I eat them, not peas. Peas are weird. They are round, they can choke me.” She replied. Making her husband smile a little.

“I know, maybe dividing them in half will help.” He said and took his chopsticks to turn them into halves, he picked one from his chopsticks and brought it near her mouth. “Now, you will not choke.”

She hesitated but ate it, she nodded her head. “You were right,”

“Taehyung, eat them. It's good to eat veggies for breakfast.” His father said to him, only Taehyung to pout.

“Good morning everyone,” Hyeon-jun, who is Taehyung's uncle, said and sat down for breakfast.

Taehyung was still playing with his food, so his mother took the chopsticks from him. “Just let me, you will be late for school.”