-20-

Jungkook entered the elegant venue, clad in a sharp suit, expecting a typical business gathering. He was told that the company is throwing some gatherings and he has to be there.

He realized this was no ordinary professional event. Seulgi approached with a smile.

“Why is there no one else?” He asked.

"Jungkook! It's not just a business party," Seulgi confessed, leading him away from the corporate crowd to a more secluded area.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, curiosity flickering in his eyes. "What's going on?"

Seulgi chuckled, "I thought we could use a break from work. This is more of a casual get-together, just you and me."

“No,” He pulled his arm away from her. “I should leave then,”

“Why?” She held his hand, “I just want to have a drink with you and chat,”

“Alone?” Jungkook chuckled. “ Miss Kang, what I heard of was really wrong I think,”

“What did you hear?” She asked.

“That you are extremely professional women, and having a casual gathering with an employee, that is definitely not professional.” He said.

“Couldn't help, can't resist your charm,” she tried to touch his face but he pushed her hand.

“I think you have gone insane, I am married. I hope you stay in your limits,” he exclaimed and left.
__

Y/n stirred the simmering pot on the stove, she is cooking after such a long time.

The front door creaked open, and Jungkook entered.

She looked up, Y/n set the spatula aside and approached him. Wrapping her arms around him, she murmured, "Welcome home, Jungkook."

He tensed at first, but Y/n held on, refusing to let the distance linger. “Where is my kiss?” She asked, he didn't reply, she leaned in and kissed him.

“Baby, why are you still mad? You really don't trust me?” She asked.

“It's not about trust, you lied. Again and again.” Jungkook said.

“I am really sorry, I was worried about hurting you,” She kissed his cheek while softly caressing his cheek.

“And you did end up hurting me.” He said.

“I love you, you know right? I promise I will not meet Taehyung ever again. Or lie to you. Just give me one chance.” She exclaimed.

He looked at her, he was still a little mad at her but he could see her being genuine. He kissed her forehead, “Please, don't lie to me again, Y/n you can tell me anything, why do you even feel the need to hide?”

“Sorry, probably I was just struggling to go back to my normal life after Jun and work.” He said.

Finally, he spoke, his voice tight, "What's going on, Y/n?"

She took a deep breath, breaking the news gently, "I quit my job today. It was taking up so much of my time, and I felt like I was missing out on being with you. I want us to have more moments like this, where we can just be together."

Jungkook's expression shifted, "You quit? Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Y/n met his gaze,  "It was hard for me to even mention work and spend time with you and Jun. I will look for some other job, this was too tiring for me I couldn't balance,”

He nodded his head. “It's fine baby, I am working, you don't need to take the stress.”
___

Y/n was relieved that everything was back to normal now, It was the weekend and so Jungkook was home too.