-13-

The door creaked open, revealing a chilly apartment as Y/n and Jungkook returned from their honeymoon. Jungkook frowned, "The heating system isn't working?"

Y/n shivered, wrapping their arms around themselves. "Looks like it. We should get it fixed."

Just then, the living room light flickered on, the doorbell rang and they were startled to see Jungkook's mother standing there, holding bags of gifts. Jungkook's expression tightened.

"I thought I'd drop by," she announced with a wide grin, ignoring Jungkook's discomfort. "And what's this? You two didn't even tell me you were getting married! My own son!"

Jungkook exchanged a quick glance with Y/n, who looked equally taken aback.

“Can you leave?” Jungkook said.

“I want to congratulate you. I am your mother. I bought some gifts for you both,”, She exclaimed.

“No, just leave.” Jungkook said. Y/n hold his hand.

“She came here, let her atleast sit inside.” Y/n said.

“Fine, I will leave for sometime, I can't breathe in the same air as this woman.” Jungkook said.

“Come inside, sorry for not inviting you,  we wanted a small ceremony," Y/n explained.

“No, I should leave, I hope you like these gifts.” she said.

“Take them with you, I don't want anything from you,” Jungkook said.

“Jungkook, everything I own belongs to you my son.”

“I don't need anything from your husband, just leave us alone.” Jungkook said and closed the door.
__

Jungkook sighed as he hung up the phone, the news about their malfunctioning ondol heating system weighing heavily on his mind.

Turning to Y/n, he said, "We need to replace the ondol, but it's going to cost more than we can afford this month."

Y/n's expression mirrored his concern, aware of their tight budget. "Next month, then," she replied with a small, reassuring smile.

As the night settled in, the temperature inside their apartment began to drop. Jungkook couldn't shake off the guilt. "I'm sorry, Y/n. It's going to get colder, and we won't have proper heating."

Y/n approached him, gently placing a hand on his shoulder. "Don't apologize, Jungkook. We'll manage. We can use extra blankets, also,” she hugged him tightly. “I don't mind hugging you really tightly to stay warm.”

A genuine smile spread across Jungkook's face as he pulled her into a warm embrace. She hugged him tightly, it was truly getting really cold but she doesn't mind hugging him tightly to stay warm.

Despite the chill in the air, they become comfortable in each other's embrace and fall asleep comfortably.

On the other side, despite being warm, and in a comfortable bed. Taehyung couldn't sleep at night but was sleeping during the day except for going to work.

Taehyung groaned, his head pounding as he sat up in a disheveled room. Empty bottles littered the floor, and the air carried the scent of alcohol.

As he rubbed his temples, his gaze fell on a framed picture of Y/n on the bedside table. Memories of the previous night flooded back, and he winced at the realization of how much he had indulged in drinks.

He reached for the picture, fingers tracing Y/n's smiling face. A pang of guilt hit him as he remembered the laughter they shared and the promises made. Taehyung's eyes welled up, and he clutched the photograph to his chest, his emotions spiraling.