-58-

Jun slowly opened his eyes, his little face scrunching up as he blinked against the soft light. Jungkook, kneeling beside him, let out a relieved sigh. "Hey there, little buddy. You gave me a scare. How's your head feeling?"

Jun pouted, holding a tiny hand to the bump on his head. "It hurts, Dad."

Jungkook gently touched Jun's head. "You fell from the stool trying to reach the ice cream, huh? I told you not to do such things,”

Jun's eyes welled up with tears. "I wanted it, Dad. It looked so yummy."

Jungkook couldn't help but smile at the innocence. "I get it, buddy. Ice cream is hard to resist. But next time, let me know, okay? You have a phone you should have called me.We don't want you getting hurt."

Jun sniffled and nodded. "Sorry, dad."

Jungkook pulled the little one into a warm hug. "No need to be sorry, Jun. Just promise me you'll be careful, and we'll get you all the ice cream you want, okay?"

Jun hugged him back, his small voice barely audible. "Promise, Dad."

Jungkook smiled and kissed his forehead. He still needs to get blood, has he lost so much blood. And Jungkook was worried because of it.
__

Taehyung's father was sitting with Eunae, she flinched as she heard a sound. It sounded like Hyori. “Hey, it's fine. It's nothing," he said.

He felt bad as she was afraid of loud voices too. He tried to distract her with the picture book.

Y/n entered Eunae's room and saw Taehyung's father, who was reading a picture book with her. He looked at Y/n and then again turned his attention to Eunae.

“Why was Hyori yelling?” He asked.

“I don't know, Eunae, Honey it's late now. You should sleep.” Y/n said and walked near her. Eunae looked at her, and nodded her head. “Mr. Kim, you should rest too.”

He genuinely cares and loves for Eunae. But still Y/n doesn't trust anyone, her step father cared for her and felt genuine at start too. That is one of the reasons Y/n doesn't work, so she can keep her eyes on Eunae all the time and make sure no one hurts her.

And knowing the history of him and Taehyung now, she can't trust them either because they both can't control their anger.

She can only trust Jungkook. But he is far away and doesn't even know about Eunae.

Taehyung's father nodded his head, “Can I talk to you?”

She nodded her head and they left Eunae's room.

“Is Taehyung home?” he asked.

“Not yet,” Y/n replied. He signed.

“You know you should not be sad in front of Eunae, it will put a bad impression on her. At least wear a smile in front of her.” He said. “You look so depressed all the time, I will not allow you to meet Eunae if you keep doing this.”

“What? She is my daughter. You are no one to say that. You should be glad I ‘allow’ you to meet her.” Y/n exclaimed.

“You know what I can do. Just a fake smile, no one in the house wants to see your sad face. It's also the wife's responsibility to hide the husband's flaws.” He said. Before leaving. Y/n sighed and went back to Eunae's room.

She changed Eunae's dress and made her wear a night suit. Eunae is being extra clingy after that. She just needs comfort and hugging is a way for her to seek comfort.

“Is mom still hurt?” She asked.She was still in pain, but more emotional pain then physical pain.

“A little bit,” Y/n replied.

“I have a nightmare, what if I close my eyes and see it again?”, she asked. Y/n kissed her forehead and tried to comfort her.

While wondering if she can ever escape all this? What if she tells Jungkook about Eunae? And try to explain herself, will he ever accept her? Or he will take Eunae from her.

She just wants to be with him again just like the way they were before Taehyung came back in their life.

__

Jungkook stared at his phone. Should he call Y/n? He should talk to her at least once. He really wants to talk to her. Maybe he should know her side of the story and that will change everything.

Jungkook stared at Jun who was sleeping on the hospital bed and he sighed. He almost lost his son, and now he was terrified.

Jungkook thought he would just live his life with Jun but it is impossible to move on. He has tried so many times.

But the way he loved Y/n he was unable to feel that way with anyone. Sometimes his mind tells him to take her and just run away. She is all he wants. Always.

His theory of money was wrong, he thought money would take away all his pain and suffering it didn't.

He misses the time when the heating system of their apartment was not working and they just cuddled with each other to stay warm. He misses everything.

12 years of relationship and 3 years of marriage was broken in 1.5 months. How? Even Jungkook doesn't understand how it was possible.

Now he wanted to meet Y/n. Maybe there is really a bigger picture that he couldn't see.
__

Taehyung stumbled into the dimly lit room, the faint scent of alcohol lingered around him as he sighed heavily. Y/n saw him, and got a little worried, he is not a heavy drinker and it was surprising to see him like this.

"Taehyung, are you okay?" she asked, her eyes searching his troubled face.

He avoided her gaze, "I just needed a drink,"

He slumped onto the bed, his words heavy with regret. She gently took his coat and shoes off,

"I know, it's just... thinking about my childhood messes with my head. I'm afraid it's ruining us.” He held her hand and pulled her to sit beside him, “Tell me what love is? You have experienced it right? Tell me  now?”

“Taehyung, sleep.” Y/n said.

“No, tell me. What dad told me just hurt us, so I want to know what Love really is? Why can't I experience it? Why don't you love me?” Taehyung exclaimed, he laid his head over her lap. “Can you play with my hair? You know mom used to do that, mom used to comfort me like this.”

“I don't know Y/n, I love you the most, even before mom. Why are we not happy then?”

Now, sleep." She said and softly caressed his hair. As she covered him with a blanket, Taehyung closed his eyes. He shook his head

“I can't sleep,” He looked up at her, vulnerable in his eyes. "I'm sorry, love. I don't want to be like this.”

“I never want you to be like, you know when I first met you, you were so annoying, following me everywhere I went. But still when my own mother left me you were there for me. You become more for me at that moment. You were my only family, I thought you would never break my trust, that is why I trust you blindly. I wanted to rely on someone, but you broke my trust too,

He sat up, cupping her face. “I am sorry, okay? I was using the dad method, I promise I will not hurt you, I will just love you.”

He kissed her cheeks and head. “You will stay right? Will you stay with me?” She was about to say anything but he put his finger over her lip. “You will stay with me Y/n, you have too. I don't know how to live without you. I am sorry for hurting you,”

“I forgive you, I will forgive you if you k’ll me too, but I will never forgive you for breaking my marriage, for separating me with my son, for traumatizing my daughter.” She exclaimed. “You just trick me like a stepdad, he acted all nice to me and then showed his pathetic self. Just like you, I was careful about him, I should have been careful of you too.Your mom would be so fcking proud of you right?”

“Think before you speak.”

“You called your father a monster, you are way worse than him. He didn't break a happy marriage like you did.” She exclaimed.

She closed her eyes, as he was about to hit her but he stopped. He took a deep breath.

“Just shut up, Y/n.” He stood up and then left the room.
__