-74-

Y/n's received a mysterious box. She wondered who it was from, she was a little scared.

She opened it, revealing a stunning pair of Stuart Weitzman heels inside. A note accompanied them, expressing Jungkook's sincere apologies for what happened yesterday.

Y/n decided to return the gift, However, when she attempted to give them back, Jungkook insisted, "Please keep them. I want you to have them. I couldn't buy anything luxury for you in the past. At least let me now."

"I don't want it." Y/n replied, as much as she loves fashion she still thinks it's useless to spend so much on shoes and clothes.

He then surprised her by kneeling down, taking off the shoe she was wearing and gently placing the heels on her feet. Looking into her eyes, he shared, "I've always wanted to buy you luxury items in the past, but I couldn't. Now that I can, I want to shower you with every beautiful thing."

He always worked hard for her, because he wanted to give her and his children a comfortable life. He wanted her to feel any financial stress and struggle, and he thought he was a failure because no matter what he did, he couldn't do that. She couldn't make her feel relieved.

Y/n, appreciating his sentiment but valuing their connection more, responded, "Luxury has no value compared to the love we share. That's what truly matters to me. Now our love is lost."

"Is it? Our love is not lost. I was. Our love can never be lost. I thought my childhood was hell, and my teenage too, but those five years were hell. Living without you was hell, I thought becoming successful will make me feel better. But that made me feel more depressed, more desperate." Jungkook stood up, and stared at her eyes. "I don't want to be lost again, I don't want to be without you, Losing you will make me lose my sanity again."

She stared at his face, and noticed his eyes getting teary. He just wants her, he can give his everything to be with her again and just love her.

"Don't send me gifts. I will throw them away." She exclaimed.

Jungkook smiled. "If you throw them away, I will send you more. You are not stopping me from spending my money on you."

__

Y/n gripped the shopping bag, glancing around the street. Among the sea of people, she couldn't spot Taehyung. He is everywhere, so she thought she would find him again, but when she was trying to find him she couldn't.

Finally, there he was - Taehyung, standing near a display window. Relief washed over her until she noticed the worn-out sweater he had on, the one she gave him on his 18th birthday, now 17 years old. She did expect him to still have it. On the top he was wearing it.

"Taehyung," she called, approaching him.

He turned, a warm smile on his face, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "Hey, Y/n! We met again, what a coincidence?" he asked.

"Coincidence really?" She shook her head. "The sweater is so worn out. You've had it for 17 years. Maybe it's time to retire it," she suggested, gently.

He chuckled, running his fingers over the faded fabric. "I can't. The love of my life made this for me, I'll never stop wearing it."

Y/n sighed, "Taehyung, you look like a homeless guy."

"I am homeless," Taehyung said.

"You are not, you can walk back to your house whenever you want and your father will say nothing." Y/n said, which was true.

"I was talking about you, the home I can't have anymore." Taehyung exclaimed. He grinned, the sweater holds too many memories to let go.

"Here," She gave him the bag.