Chapter 19: Costumes and Jealousy

Girl, don't take it personal
But personally, I think you'd be better with somebody like me
But worst of all, you don't even see (you don't even see)

Personal – The Vamps (feat. Maggie Lindemann)

Lizzie's POV

October 31st, 2021

I'm on my way to Benedict's party. Robbie finally was done with his packing and we were able to get out of the house. I got kind of pissed at him for leaving everything last minute, but I didn't want his laziness to ruin tonight.

We arrived and there were a lot of cars and a few people arriving at this big mansion. Great, we're late, all thanks to Robbie. We left our car with the valet parking assistant and walked inside.

"Please behave. These are the only friends I've got here, I don't want to lose them"

"Don't be so dramatic, Lizzie. I'm not going to do anything. Let's head inside", Robbie tells me before grabbing my hand and walking us towards the entrance.

The house is packed. I can see everyone from set, a few actors and directors, and other people I don't know. As we entered the big main area of the mansion, I saw Benedict and Sophie talking to some of the other guests, but when they spotted us, they left them and came to greet us.

"Lizzie darling, I'm glad you could make it", Benedict says, who is dressed as Gomez Addams, before pulling me close for a hug. "I was starting to think you weren't coming"

"Yeah, we just got stuck in traffic", I lie through my teeth. I just don't want to start a fight with Robbie here or later at home. I hug Sophie, who was dressed as Morticia, and then it's time for me to introduce Robbie to my friends. "Guys, this is Robbie, my fiancée", I tell them, making Robbie look at me weird. I move closer to whisper in his ear. "I'll explain later", I tell him and he just nods at my comment and shakes both the Cumberbatches' hands.

"It's very nice to meet you both. After all this time of Lizzie working, I finally get to meet her friends", Robbie says with a fake smile. Of course, he had to make me the bad guy. He hasn't met them because he's busy all the time. "So, what's good here?", he says clearly uninterested in getting to know my friends. Thankfully, Benedict and Sophie didn't mind his attitude.

"Well, over there we've got some games and a photo booth. Behind us we have the dance floor, to your right you have the bar and buffet, and all the way to the back of the house we have the stage. The band will play shortly", Benedict informs us.

"Hey Benny, why didn't you asked me to play?", Robbie asks. Benedict was kind of uncomfortable with the nickname and rather confused at his question since this is the first time they've officially met.

"Well Robert, this is the first time we've had a longer conversation than the typical hellos. Also, my DJ canceled on me last minute and the new DJ we hired offered the band as well. I had listened to them before so it was a quick, simple decision for me. Also, Sophie really likes them"

"Oh, I see but, didn't Lizzie tell you that I have a band?", Robbie asks, making me annoyed this time. Before I can defend myself, Benedict speaks again.

"She has mentioned it but as I said, I had listened to the band before and my wife approved them. Also, it was a last-minute thing and Lizzie did tell me you were getting ready to go on tour. I didn't think you would have time to come to the party, much less perform", Benedict says in a calm tone. Sophie and I could see the situation starting to get heated, so we both grabbed their arms and whispered to them to behave.

"Anyway, we'll let you guys walk around the house and enjoy all of the fun things we have. There is a costume contest too. The winner will be announced later tonight. Have fun, we'll see you around", Sophie speaks up this time before Benedict and her go to greet other guests.