Chapter 50: Don't say it if you don't mean it

Now it's just me
And a hundred square feet of bittersweet memories
Deleted the playlist
But I still hear all your favorite melodies
Strangers, to lovers, to enemies

In the Kitchen - Reneé Rapp

Y/N's POV

August 26th, 2022

I'm packing the last few things I'm going to need while I go stay and live in Amsterdam for a few months while I film my new movie, 'The Missing Variable', which I'm directing and starring in. I also have to pack all the new, cool clothes I got for the tour. And let me tell you, dressing cool but also be comfortable at the same time is hard.

As I'm storing my toiletries inside my suitcase, my phone starts ringing. I close the suitcase and reach for my phone resting on my nightstand. When I pick it up, I see the contact name 'Queen Olsen 👩‍🦰👑 (Jarnie)' on the screen. I quickly press the answer button.

*Start of Phone Call 📞

Y/N: Hi Jarnie. I was wondering when you were going to call me.

J: Hi sweetheart. Sorry about that. I wanted to call earlier but I had to take care of my Lizard first (chuckles).

Y/N: What? Is Lizzie okay? Did something happen to her?

J: Calm down, Y/N. Lizzie is fine. She was just feeling a little down and as her Mama, I spent all morning trying to cheer her up.

Y/N: Oh, that's great. I mean, that you helped cheer her up, not that she was feeling down (nervous chuckle).

J: It's alright, Y/N. I understood what you meant.

Y/N: Good. Anyway, why did you want to talk to me?

J: I just wanted to wish you the best of luck in your new project and to tell you I'll be looking forward to seeing your movies and also seeing each other again once you come back. When are you coming back, by the way?

Y/N: Aw, thank you Jarnie. I really appreciate your sweet words. And about when I'm coming back, I still don't know. It all depends on how long filming will take, and after that, how many concerts we will have for the band's tour. The fans have sold out every single date we had, so right now we're looking to set more dates.

J: That's awesome. Either way, I'll be waiting to hear all about it with a cup of tea once you come back.

Y/N: Me too.

J: What about today? At what time are you leaving?

Y/N: Well, my flight is at five so, I might be leaving in a bit.

J: Oh...well then, I must leave you to it. It was nice talking to you, Y/N. I really hope everything turns out great for you. You're a talented, hard-working young woman, with so much to give. I just know everything you've ever dreamed of will become a reality.

Y/N: (Chuckles bitterly) I wish it was that easy, Jarnie. But thank you for your words anyway. They help me heal everything sad in my heart. Thank you for being my famous mom.

J: Aw Y/N, you know you don't have to thank me for that. I'm more than happy to give you some words of encouragement and much love that YOU DESERVE. I knew you were a special girl the day my Lizard introduced me to you. And the way she would talk about you, it just made me love you without even knowing you.