Chapter 30: First "Official" Date

What if I can't get you out of my thoughts?
What if my seasons don't change?
What if you love me then you love me not
And we fade away?

Flower - Johnny Stimson

Y/N's POV

March 11th, 2022

I'm back in LA after the very unfortunate weekend events back in Texas. Lizzie spent the rest of the weekend over at my Airbnb and went back to her apartment once Robbie left again. I asked Lizzie if she wanted me to stay but she insisted that I should come back and solve things with Becky.

Talking about her, the first thing I did once I landed in LA was call her to arrange a meeting. I was determined to quit my job and move back to Toronto to search for a job there, but Lizzie once again asked me to not waste this opportunity for something that isn't my problem. I of course told her that anything to do with her is my problem too, but after using my kryptonite, she made me promise to keep the job.

Even though I wasn't happy about that, I still promised my Princess I wouldn't quit, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't set some rules with Becky. That's why I'm at a club near the hotel where I'm staying, to meet Becky and talk truthfully to each other. She's kind of late though, I wonder why.

"Hey Y/N, I'm so sorry for the delay. I had an unexpected visitor right before I left my house", Becky tells me while breathing rapidly and sitting down next to me.

"No worries, I'm gonna make this quick", I tell her and her relaxed expression changes to a concerned one.

"Something wrong?", Becky asks me worried.

"I'm going to ask you something, but you have to answer honestly. I hate lies, so your answer is going to determine the future of our professional partnership", I tell her seriously and she becomes even more confused.

"Is that serious, huh? What's your question?", she asks and I finally move to my side to look her in the eye.

"Did you ever date Robbie Arnett?", I ask her calmly and see how she swallows the lump in her throat before she gathers the guts to speak up.

"Ho-how do you know about...?"

"...about you guys having an affair for God knows how long? Easy. I went to visit Lizzie in Texas and apparently Robbie had the same idea. When he saw me with Lizzie, I decided to leave them so they could spend some time together, but that was a big mistake because they ended up fighting, and Robbie blurted out his affair with you. Lizzie arrived at my place inconsolable, and she hasn't talked to him ever since", I quickly explain, and Becky just looks down ashamed. "What pisses me off the most is that he's such a bitter asshole, that after Lizzie told him she wanted to break off the engagement, he told her I KNEW about you and him. Thankfully, Lizzie gave me the benefit of the doubt and didn't believe Robbie"

"Y/N, I can explain everything...", Becky starts, and I cut her off again.

"You ARE going to explain everything because just like Lizzie, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt", I tell her, and she takes a deep breath before telling me her side of the story.

"Okay. Many years ago, when 'Milo Greene' just started, I went to one of their concerts. I had a VIP pass, and I met the band. Robbie and I got along pretty well and started to hang out. At the time, I was just starting to write my first book while I was still in college, and he was this big music celebrity. We were from different worlds but managed to start a relationship and stay together. I knew he was about to propose to me, but he had to go on another tour around North America, and when he got back, he broke up with me, THROUGH TEXT, without further explanation. A month later, photos of Lizzie and Robbie together appeared all over social media and that's when I knew he changed me for her", she starts off the story and multiple thoughts wonder my mind.