36. Leave

Kang Hyunyul

What are you doing here?” Yi-chan interrogated as I showed up unannounced at his guesthouse.

“Is he your friend?” an old lady questioned Yi-chan, walking towards us. It had to be Yi-chan's grandmother.

“Annyeong haseyo, Halmoni. I'm Hyunyul, Yi-chan's friend. Majoo was talking about how tasty your noodles are, so I thought I could join you all for dinner, can I?” I flashed her a smile, hoping she'd say yes.

“Of course, come in. I was going to call Yi-joo to help me set the table. I'll go and call her now-”

“I'll call her," I offered and ran inside. Getting a glance of her was the whole reason for me to come here. I knew that it was stupid to show up unannounced, but I was worried about her. Was she fine?

Stop”, I paused when I heard Yi-chan's voice from behind.

“I get that you are worried but let them talk”

“But-”

“Don't”

“Then I'll wait outside. You go and help Halmoni”, I pushed him away, and luckily, he went without any protest. But before entering the kitchen he turned around, gazing at me, mouthing 'stay still'. I gave him a thumbs up and walked near her room. I could hear what they were speaking.

"That was because I was angry with you, dummy!” I heard Yi-joo's angry voice, followed by Eungyeol.

Really? Do you think so? Isn't that just an excuse to hide the fact that you started to fancy him?”

Him?

Doesn't she like Eungyeol?

Yi-joo didn't say anything. She kept quiet until Eungyeol spoke again.

Loss of words because you can't deny the fact that you like that Ahjussi!”

“Okay, I have a confession”, she spoke.

Is she going to confess that she liked Eungyeol?

“I'm dating Hyunyul”

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard Yi-joo say my name.

“He's an Ahjussi, Yi-joo. How could you-”

“You also like Sekyung, so you have no right to stop me”

“About Sekyung-”

This won't do.

I busted the door open, knowing Yi-chan will beat the shit out of me if he knew as I did the exact opposite of what he asked me to, but I could have cared less. Presently, Yi-joo needed me and there was no way I'd not go to rescue her.

The sound of the door got the duo's attention. I narrowed my eyes, glaring straight into Eungyeol's as I walked towards Yi-joo.

“I understand you are her friend, but is it appropriate for you to be here this late? Considering the fact that she's dating?” I completed my words and held Yi-joo's hand, pulling her behind me, away from Eungyeol.

“She's my friend. Don't interfere”, He gazed at me and then at Yi-joo.

A scoff escaped my mouth as I walked forward holding his collar, “Yah, get the fuck out of my girlfriend's room. Do you understand?” I said under my breath.

“Girlfriend? Are you serious? Yi-joo?”, he literally pushed and ignored me, walking towards her, waiting for her reply.

Please leave”, she mumbled without lifting her head.

“Yijoo-ya”

“You heard her, leave”

And with that Eungyeol stomped out of the room, totally pissed off about everything happened a second ago.