59. Forever

Yeon Yi-joo

"Yi-joo, wake up"

I woke up at the sound of someone whispering my name while shaking my hand.

It was Ha Yi-chan. I dozed off on Hyunyul's shoulder in the living room with everyone. We were working on the song throughout the night.

We both tiptoed towards the door, making sure that no one was distributed as Yi-chan asked me to come out.

"How you like it?"

He questioned after playing the song on the guitar while singing the lyrics.

"You wrote the lyrics?", I exclaimed, totally surprised by the astonishing songwriting skills of Yi-chan. Yi-chan asked me to review the lyrics he wrote to the song we made last night.

"It's perfect. You all just need to practice a little and record the song. We better get a nice recording studio, maybe we could ask White night Ahjussi to help us find one. And also-"

"If someone sees you, they think you're Majoo's daughter for real", Yi-chan cuts off my words, laughing out loud.

"Until when are you going to keep joking about it?", a pout appeared on my face as I whined.

"Until I meet your real father"

You've already met him.

"But what if it's real? The whole future thing Eungyeol told you about", I carefully questioned him.

"I'm sorry towards him"

"Sorry?"

"He's too matured for his age. Whenever I look into his eyes, I feel immense responsibility he's holding. Was I a bad dad?"

"Ani, Ha Ahjussi is literally the best person. It's just the situation. But don't you worry, I'll be with him to make sure he's fine"

Yi-chan stayed quiet after listening to my words. I decided to give him some space as I gave him a pat on his shoulder before saying, "You are going to be the best dad in the future", and got up from the bench on the balcony, walking towards the house.

"Yeon Yi-joo!"

When I heard Yi-chan calling out my name, I halted my steps, turning around.

He had an unexplainable expression on his face.

"Thank you for taking care of him"

That conversation I had with Yi-chan made me realize that he might have caught on us. But that really didn't matter at this point, Yi-chan's accident shifted to me, and he was totally safe and happy with Chungha. We were going to leave anyway. I still hadn't figured out what was I supposed to do with mom and dad. As time passed by, I was getting anxious, but I couldn't remember a thing.

Do I really know what happened between them?

No sooner the guys finished up with the song, we all made our way towards the beach. After taking a dip in the water we all took a seat on the mat we had laid over the sand, enjoying the sea breeze and the sunlight while eating the fruits Chung ha and Sekyung had prepared for everyone.

"Haejoon?"

Kang Haejoon was walking towards our direction.

"I called him", said Hyunyul, shocking everyone including me. Hyunyul had to be the last person who'd invite Haejoon to hang out with us.

"Why are you all looking at me like that? Can't I call him?" he continued, pulling his hand around Haejoon's shoulder.

My jaw was literally on the ground.