45. Magician

D-1

“Halmoni, my shoes are missing!!!!”

Yi-chan's scream filled the Guesthouse. Yi-joo gazed at the clock as it was still 9 in the morning and then the shoes, laying inside her room. She was the one who hid Yi-chan's shoes. According to Eungyeol's plan, Yi-chan was going to leave to an island for a photoshoot but if he reached there early, then he'd return soon and then attend the rehearsal, so Yi-joo was buying some time. She peeked out from her room to see Yi-chan borrowing Balsam's shoes.

Fuck, she cursed inside her mind.

“Yi-chan!!! Emergency!!!!” screaming loudly, Yi-joo ran out of her room, gaining Yi-chan's attention.

“Wae? Wae? What's wrong?” He looked at her with concern.

“Help me, I was practicing my song, but it's not sounding right”, she made up an excuse.

“Ask someone else, I'm getting late-”

“Yichan-ah! Please, only this time”, Yi-joo gazed at him with a pitiest-pity face a person can ever make.

He let out a sigh but then agreed.

She kept making mistakes while performing, purposefully so he'd correct them. After an hour, he got up, wearing Balsam's shoes.

So she ran inside the kitchen to find a pickle jar with a jammed cap which Yi-joo and Halmoni were struggling with since yesterday and practically gave up on it.

“Before going, please open this”, Yi-joo passed him the jar. She made sure to tighten it even more on the way. Yi-chan was skeptical about her out-of-nowhere behavior but overlooked it and helped her.

After struggling for a good ten minutes, he opened it.

“I'm leaving now-”

“Ha Yi-chan”, Yi-joo held his wrist as he walked away, “Can't you don't go to the rehearsal?”

“Why are you also acting like this, Yi-joo?” He hissed.

“Can't you trust us for this one?”

“How can I forget that you are Eungyeol's best friend!” He mumbled, pulling his hand from her grasp and walked out of the guesthouse, ignoring her words.

Yi-joo called Eungyeol to inform about his departure, hoping he'd be able to stop Yi-chan's accident. So thought that if they prevented this accident, Yi-chan in the future will have no hearing disorder and will get a chance to enjoy all the music he loved wholeheartedly. Just thinking about the fact that he loved to do music and because of this accident he never got a chance to listen to it was made Yi-joo feel that it was so unfortunate. But now thanks to Eungyeol he was going to be safe and sound.

“Why aren't they coming!!!” Si-guk screamed out of frustration.

It was almost 4 pm.

“You guys have 5 more minutes”, the student council member informed the members.

They were waiting for Eungyeol and Yi-chan, who were not going to come anytime soon. Yi-joo on the other hand, kept the fact that they were not coming to herself.

“This won't do. Yi-joo, Saebum at least you both rehearse”, Majoo pulled the other members down leaving her and Saebum on the top.

Yi-joo's hand was trembling as the anxiety was finally hitting her. She took a deep breath, calming her nerves, she looked behind where Saebum was standing with his keyboard as she signalled him to get started.

Yi-joo turned back, gazing at the remaining boys, who were looking at the duo onstage with full attention.

The sound of the keyboard filled Yi-joo's ears as she held the microphone closer. Closing her eyes, she sang the first line,

“I wonder if someone is praying for someone,
A love poem that was silently written,
It seems to be heard faintly.

It clearly flies over to you,
I hope it reaches you before it’s too late.

I’ll be there, behind you when you walk alone.

Singing till the end, this song that won’t end.

Open your ears for just a moment

I’ll sing for you, who is walking through an especially long night”

And Yi-joo opened her eyes after singing the first verse without any mistakes. Confidence took over her head as she continued singing the rest of the song.

“The day your long night ends,

Just lift your head, I'll be there”.

And she completes the song.

Claps echoed inside the auditorium as the duo bowed, thanking everyone. Yi-joo's eyes found its way to Hyunyul, who was already looking at her beaming, as the corners of his eyes crinkled.

Yi-joo was overwhelmed. She was almost scared of what she felt towards Hyunyul. She never thought she'd want to be with someone so much. No matter how much she tried to run away from her feelings, it'd all come back just with a single smile of his.

She didn't feel these butterflies when she liked anyone, even Eungyeol. She was realizing that maybe she never really liked Eungyeol the way she liked Hyunyul. She was just scared of losing her best friend. And she mistook those emotions by thinking she liked him. Now that she was falling for Hyunyul, she realized what liking someone actually feels.

The peace she found in his company and also the chaos inside her heart when her eyes met his. The small things he does, like always opening the bottle's cap before giving it to her, picking her up from the part-time job wherever it was late, making sure that she never felt left out and mostly importantly, the way he would listen to her worries without judging. The way he assured her all the time she used to feel anxious made her feel special.

Whenever she felt dull and blue, Hyunyul would appear with his warm smile and brighten up her whole world, like what was he?

A magician?

Yi-joo couldn't wait to confess her feelings, after the festival.

But the universe had other plans,

Yi-joo was about to get off-stage, but a loud thud filled the auditorium. Her vision blurred as she was feeling dizzy. Yi-joo felt something dripping off her forehead.

“YIJOO-YA!!!!!!!”

Hyunyul's scream was the last thing she heard as she collapsed on the ground, losing her conscious.

A/N:

I have an exam tomorrow and I stayed up writing this last night.

Only God can save me this time 😭😭

Anyways, how was the chapter?

As you all can see, the accident has just been shifted from Yi-chan to Yi-joo.

Will Yi-joo get to perform?

Or Watermelon Suger will not perform without Yi-joo?

Stay tuned to find out.

And now a days the comments have decreased so much.

Is the story getting boring?

If yes, then please tell me the reason so that I improve.

Thank you for reading ❤️

Also we hit 50k reads!!!!!!!

Have a great day ahead 😚

Luv y'all 💞