70. It's destiny

Yeon Yi-joo

“Thanks for coming in such a short notice”

“He's our friend!”, Saebum patted my head.

Of course we would come!”, Si-guk also joined, ruffling my hair. I almost scolded him, but then I remembered, this was going to be the last time he was going to mess up my hair.

I was going to miss this guys. They were such a pain in ass sometimes, but they took care of me really well during practices. And they were such great friends.

“But are you three really leaving? All of a sudden?”

“It happened that way," Sekyung answered Yi-chan as he questioned about us leaving. Apparently, the lie I told Sujin was all over the group and ended up adding Sekyung and Eungyeol into it. Right now, we were setting up a birthday party for Hyunyul. That was the last thing I could do for him.

When I woke up from the nap, Hyunyul was sleeping peacefully beside me. I tried to wake him up, but he was sleeping peacefully so I let him sleep. His body was also acting up because of yesterday's rain, so I ended up not disturbing him and went to the Guesthouse to pack my things up and wish grandma and the others a goodbye for the last time. Yi-chan gathered everyone at the band room as we were going to decorate the place for the birthday party. But then, Yi-chan's pager started to buzz getting everyone's attention. He ran out to find a payphone as we got back to figure out the decor.

Yijoo-ya, how did it go?”, Eungyeol whispered from behind, almost getting me scared. “Hyunyul knows?”, Majoo whispered from the side startling me once again. Eungyeol seemed confused at Majoo's words, but then I informed him that Majoo knows.

Eungyeol dramatically grasped, bowing at Majoo almost immediately, “Annyeong haseyo, abbeonnim”.

“Oh? Annyeong? After making my daughter cry?”, Majoo pointed out, with his hands on his hips.

“Yahh! What are you to scold my son?”, Yi-chan joins out of nowhere making our eyes widened. I looked at Eungyeol but then he mouthed, 'he is playing around' making me chuckle at the situation.

“Pager? Who was it?”, Sekyung questioned Yi-chan, diverting the conversation before it lead to something unwanted.

“Code red. Hyunyul's coming, Balsam Hyung told me”

“Shit! You guys hide, I'll bring the cake”, I picked up my jacket and ran towards the exit.

What about the decoration?”, Majoo screamed.

Let's skip it," I answered and swiftly made my way to the cake shop.

✨🍉

Hyunyul?”

The cake I was holding was thrown down as I ran towards Hyunyul, who was crying clutching his chest, on the ground.

As he heard my voice his eyes looked up from the ground to my eyes. His eyes were glistening as tears were falling off without a break. I kneeled, just to get attacked by my his arms around my body, squeezing me into his embrace. I hugged him back, with my arms around his neck, resting my chin over his head closing my eyes.