76. Love wins all

Kang Hyunyul

“Although we express ourselves through songs the same way. I wanted to give you a song containing my confession, but you prepared a breakup song for me”

“I'm embarrassed”, my ears were getting hot as I spoke as Yi-joo told me about the song she wrote for me in last few days.

After lots of begging and acting cute from my side, she ended up singing the song for me.

🎶Dearest, darling, my universe
Will you take me?
With my poor imagination
To a place I can't remember

Far away from Earth to Mars
Will you please come with me?
Wherever it is, long loneliness
Find the opposite

By some mistake
This is how we
Are we together?

Run away from the world, run on
Come with me to the end, my lover
Is it a bad ending, the two of us lost, mm
Hold me tight until I break down
Kiss me more lovingly, lover
Love is all, love is all
Love, love, love, love

In the end, nevertheless
Why do we
Is it each other?

Run away from the world, run on
Come with me to the end, my lover
Is it a bad ending, the two of us lost, mm

I carefully hold you in my eyes
Please smile comfortably one more time
Floating as if swimming
Like that night
Be fearless with me
Will you set it down?
It ruins me even more, ruiner
I want to be sad with you, my lover

Run away from the inevitable, run on
Come with me to the end, my lover
The two of us who got lost side by side on purpose
Hold me tight until I break down
Kiss me more lovingly, lover
Our love wins all, love wins all
Love, love, love, love🎶

Just as the sun was setting, it was time for us to end. The sun was going to return tomorrow but Yi-joo wasn't. She said she loves me too, on the last day. It was my best and worst birthday gift.

She asked me not to follow her leaving me all alone on the rooftop of the band room. I sat there for a long time, emotionlessly. I wasn't really ready to accept the fact that she wasn't here. The sun was replaced with the full moon. My pager started to buzz with Hyung's message.

You talked to Yi-joo?”

I just gave Hyung a nod, walking towards my room before I burst into tears in front of him.

Was I fine?

Certainly not.

It didn't make sense until yesterday. I wished everything were nothing but a sour nightmare. And now that she actually left, I realized how sour the reality was.

“Why are you so quiet? Is something wrong?”, he blocked my way, making me to halt my steps. I was looking at the ground, blinking off the tears forming in my eyes.

“It didn't go well?”, he questioned again. I nodded again, still looking at the ground. “Oh- poor thing”, he hugged me, patting my head. I hugged him back, “She left, Hyung. She left me”, I sobbed in his embrace.

“Follow her if you really love her. Nobody's stopping, you know”, he pulled apart, gazing at me.

Only if it was that easy.

I walked into my room lifelessly after Hyung forced me to have dinner together. My head was spinning, I just wanted to get away from everything. I ran my hands over my diary.

The Diary.

The day I first saw her, I ran back to the book store after she left, just to buy the same book just because I didn't want to forget her. That first encounter left a massive impact on me. But I wasn't lucky enough to get it. So I ended up buying a random diary as I remembered Hyunjae Hyung's diary. He still writes about every small things about his first love, now girlfriend so that he never forget anything about her. And that's how I ended up writing about Yi-joo and now, it was the only proof Yi-joo was real and everything that happened was real as she vanished into thin air without leaving any traces except a hole in my chest.

I opened the diary and wrote today's date,

6th June 1995

Dearest darling my universe,
I wish I could take you away from Earth to Mars.
I'm so sorry that I can't do anything for us.
I'm so sorry that I couldn't go until the end.
I'm so sorry that I ruined you.
I'm so sorry that I made you cry.

It's a sad ending for us.

Our love lost all—

I paused writing when moonlight got brighter falling on the page, making me glance at the same.

Two moons?

I exited my room, clutching the diary as if it holds my life. I walked out to get a better view of the moon.

Somewhere near my house, there was a new shop. Without even realizing I walked into the shop. I opened the door as I heard someone string a guitar.

“I'm sure it wasn't easy to find our shop, Viva la Vida!!”

My heart dropped when I heard someone's voice coming out of nowhere. I turned around when I saw a middle-aged man, smiling at me.

“Are you the owner?”, I questioned.

“That must be heavy, let me hold it for you”, he pulled away the diary from my hands, alarming me.

“Give it back," I protested.

Are you sure? I wanted to give you a chance of voyage to your love”

“Are you—”

“Exactly what you think. But think before you take your decision. Your existence will be wiped out. You'll lose yourself”, he held up the diary.

“As long as I get to be with Yi-joo, I don't mind”

“It's not that easy to live in the future. Take this”, the owner passes me an ID card.

Name: Kang Hyunyul
DOB: 6th June 2004—

2004?”, I questioned, gazing up from the card.

“That's the least I could do”, he smiled and showed me the way towards the door.

“Thank you”, I bowed at him.

“Have a great voyage, customer”

A/N:
Just a filler chapter.

Vote and comment if you liked today's update 😉