68. Just one day

Yeon Yi-joo

(Disclaimer: Slightly mature)

A groan escaped my lips as I felt sore throughout my body. A wet napkin was over my forehead as I opened my eyes, finding myself on Hyunyul's bed.

How did I end up here?

The last thing I remembered was the fight I had with him in the rain.

Did I faint?

I held my hand over my forehead realizing I had light fever and sore throat. I pulled out the comforter over my body and got off the bed. My clothes were changed. Blush spread across my face thinking about the possibilities.

“You're awake? How are you feeling?”, Hyunyul peeked his head from the door.

“My clothes. Why—”

“I couldn't let you stay in those wet clothes when you were burning with fever”

His explanation wasn't really helping.

But how—”

“I didn't see anything. I tied my eyes with a scarf”, he spat quickly and closed the door, leaving me speechless.

My eyes fell over the mirror, I was a blushing mess

But in a minute the door opened again, revealing Hyunyul who's face was more flushed than mine, “Freshen up. You need to eat breakfast before taking medicine”.

A-Arraseo

Why did I even stutter!

I got freshen up just as he asked me to and went towards the kitchen to feed my growling stomach. The door was open as I gazed inside, just to see Hyunyul cooking wearing an apron and singing the band's new song while stomping his feet slowly to create the beats.

The scene was too adorable for me to handle that I almost wanted to hug him from behind and sing along.

We're over”

The words I said last night flashed across my mind making all the giddiness inside me die in a flash of second.

Just one day.

Only if everything was under rock for just one day, we would've not ended up such a messy situation. We could have given each other a better closure, a better goodbye.

I cleared my throat to get his attention, making my way towards the dining table. He soon filled the table with food. There were few side dishes and kimbap.

Mian, I really can't cook anything except kimbap. I hope you don't mind”

“Aniya, what about you?”

“I'll eat later”, he shrugged off while removing the apron and hanging it over the wall.

“Eat with me”.

Luckily, he didn't protest this time. I had the first bite of the kimbap. It tasted the same it did that day. The day he bought me his lunchbox just because I didn't eat my dinner after a fight with Eungyeol.

Without even realizing, I was crying once again. I couldn't lift my head because I don't want to show him me being a pathetic loser. But when my nose got blocked I had no other option left, I sniffed, I felt his gaze over me. I expected him to say something, but he didn't. I heard the sound of his chair screeching as I saw a napkin held in front of me. I looked up blinking off my tears to see Hyunyul was now standing beside me.

I gladly accepted the napkin, wiping out my tears as the fact that we broke up was finally hitting me. He would have hugged me if I cried. He would've wiped my tears with his sleeve. But now he was keeping his distance, breaking my heart.

“It's my birthday today," Hyunyul announced out of nowhere. He continued, “Can you grant me a wish?”.

I nodded at his words.

Just one day”, my eyes widened as he said the same thing I was thinking moment ago.

A tear escaped his eye as he whispered, “Let me be yours”.

Instead of answering, I jumped right onto him, hugging him, realizing how much I was longing for these words.

“I'm sorry for everything”, he sobbed, wrapping his arms around my waist as he hid his face in my neck. I softly kissed his neck and whispered with my lips still on his neck, “I'm sorry too, Yul-ah".

We pulled our faces apart with our skin flushed, unstable breathing and hotness throughout my body. My gaze fell over his beautiful dark brown eyes, he was already looking at me making my heart beat abnormality. His gaze moved down to my lips. I bit my lower lip feelings even more hotter. I could see he was holding back, so was I. But when my eyes fell on his soft pink lips, my mind said, fuck it!

I held his neck with my arms and pushed his face into mine, kissing him like a beast. He was taken aback for a second but then started to kiss me back matching me, or maybe with a little more hastiness. A groan escaped my lips as I felt his lips bite mine, making us break us apart.

“You're bleeding”, he ran his fingers wiping off the blood from my lips, “I'm so sorry—”

I'm fine”, when those words left my mouth I felt weird. I felt like I was a horny-whiny bitch, or maybe I was a horny-whiny bitch for him. I gazed up at Hyunyul hoping that he didn't catch my tone, but his darkened eyes told the opposite.

“You're killing me, love”, he hissed right before slamming me as my back come in contact with the kitchen door. He pinned me against the door, which lead us to a hungry make out session.

We did that for quite a while but stopped where we were supposed to. Everything seemed rushed and too early. We were just teenagers regardless the situation. And that's how we ended up in his bed, cuddling, while trying to fix the things we did yesterday. Later I dozed off because of the medicine in Hyunyul's chest, hoping time would stop forever at this moment.

Was that too much to ask?