57. Jealousy

Yeon Yi-joo

Prez?” Eungyeol exclaimed as soon as we entered the guesthouse.

“He's my friend Haejoon”, I introduced him to Yi-chan who was on the veranda with Eungyeol.

“Yi-joo, we need to talk—”

“Not now, I'm starving. Haejoon join us for lunch Majoo ordered jajangmyeon”, Yi-chan cut off Eungyeol's words and pulls us both inside.

“Finally!!! Sekyung was giving us a few ideas for a new song," Majoo said, excitedly.

“It's fire for me”, says Hyunyul.

“I like dynamite, it explodes”, Si-guk joined.

“I feel not today is the best”, Saebum expressed.

Those names felt too familiar. Eungyeol ran towards Sekyung panicking before she said something more.

“Aniya aniya, it's I need you for me”, I joined the circle, winking straight at Sekyung.

She's from the future too.

“I love it so much!!!” Sekyung got up, jumping straight into my arms.

“What's up with you two?” Sujin looked at us suspiciously.

“Did you plan something without us knowing?” Yi-chan questioned.

“But what is he doing here?” Hyunyul points out atHaejoon who was standing beside Yi-chan the whole time.

“Guys, greet my friend Haejoon”, I introduced him to everyone.

“Should we eat now?” Sujin questioned, getting everyone's attention.

But out of nowhere, Hyunyul got up and stomped towards the door while muttering, “I lost my fucking appetite”. He also bumped his shoulder into Haejoon on the way out.

Yahh! Weren't you hungry a minute ago?”  Si-guk screamed, but it went all vain.

“Should I go and tell him that we are just friends?” Haejoon whispered into my ears.

Ani, let him be”

✨🍉

What?”

“Eat”, I pushed a plate of watermelon I cut for Hyunyul. He was starving since the morning and I just couldn't let him starve. Others went out for cycling so it was only two of us at the house.

“Why would I?” he hissed rudely.

“You didn't even have lunch”

“Just go and give it to Haejoon”, he stood up and walked towards the door.

“Yahh! Are you for real?” I got on the way, blocking his route.

“It must be good for having no memories. You already found a new guy. Look at me, I'm nothing but a fucking mess”

“Haejoon's just a friend. Didn't I tell you already?” I tried to speak as softly as I could.

“Wasn't I also a friend before? Of course, you don't remember that”, he scoffed, turning his gaze away from me.

“Why are you acting like this? Aren't you the one who wanted to break up?”

“I did it for you, Yi-joo”

“For me? Did I ask you to? Why the fuck are you giving me mixed signals, Hyunyul? Like you said it was fake and I believed you. But why are you acting like you care? I've seen how rudely you acted with Haejoon. He's my guest for goodness—”

“No, I get it. It's because of him right? I'll just leave if that's what you want”, he cut off my words, freeing his wrist from my grip.

He walked out of the house, but I had to stop him, I needed a confrontation or even a closure was fine at this point. Because without having any idea about what happened, I was going nuts.

“What are you to decide what I want?” I screamed out, ignoring the tears running down my cheeks.

He halted his steps, with his back facing me, without saying a word avoiding my question.

“Firstly, I still don't understand why were we fake dating. And I am dying to know what happened between us, but my damned brain is not helping and the only person who knows is acting like a jerk”, I busted out for the first time. All the things that were suffocating me all these days were out now.

I continued, “Just tell me the truth, do you feel nothing towards me? Because every single fucking time I close my eyes, all I can see is your teary eyes from the day of the accident. I really think I'm going insane at this point. I really thought that was real. Furthermore, I still wish it was real”

“Just go inside, you'll catch cold," he said coldly and walked, leaving me behind. I didn't even notice that it was raining.

But there was no way I'd let him walk away just like that, ignoring the rain, I ran towards him and made him face me. His eyes were red as if he cried too.

“What do you want, Yi-joo?” his voice sounded so thin as if he had no energy left in the body as water was dripping down his fully damped hair.

The truth”

He took a deep breath before speaking, “I've been running away from the truth since forever, Yi-joo. I know I hurt you, I also know that I'm a jerk, and you deserve better like Majoo said. But what can I do when my feelings are not listening to me? They are out of control and regardless of what I did they are not going away.

That's why I wanted to break up. I thought it would work but damn it made everything worsen, and I feel so fucking dumb. And yes, everything was so fucking real. I'm so in love with you, Yeon Yi-joo—”

Without a warning, I walked closer to him, cupping his cheeks with both my hands, softly landing my lips on his.

I pulled apart, wanting to look at his eyes as I blinked mine to get my vision cleared. I cleared my throat before speaking, “I like you too, Hyunyul. Now make me the happiest girl in the world fucking universe”

A/N:

Y'all got it? Aren't the words from Yi-joo's confession too familiar?

Do vote and comment if you liked today's update 😉

Have a great day ahead 😚❣️

Luv y'all 💞