71. La Vida Music

Yeon Yi-joo

Well done. It was quite a journey”

“I met younger mom and dad. Almost got entangled with a pervert. I got into accident twice. Fell in love and had a heart wrecking break up. I definitely had more than quite a journey, Ahjussi”

“I can see it was hard for you, kiddo”

“But still, thank you so much. I learned so many things and I feel like I grew significantly as a person. Saying goodbye was hard for sure but the happy memories I got to collect from here are really priceless. So thank you for that”, I held my hand forward, smiling genuinely, offering a hand shake which he gladly accepted.

“Your guitar. I don't think I can keep it with me anymore”, I returned him back the guitar.

“It's not mine but Eungyeol's. Give him back yourself”

That's when I realized, that this was the same guitar Eungyeol sold to him. I literally had it all the time but never thought of showing him the guitar as it was always laying on the corner of my room in the guesthouse.

“And of course I couldn't give you the diary back as it's not needed anymore. I have prepared this instead”, he pulled out another diary from his drawer.

My eyes widened when I read the name of the book, 'My love poem'. My eyes roamed to the bottom to the cover to find the name of the book's owner.

H.Y. Kang was engraved on it.

“It's Hyunyul's diary?”, I looked up at the Ahjussi perplexed.

Read it carefully once you return home," he answered taking a seat on the couch as he monitored me to take a seat in front of him. I took a seat as he said while clutching Hyunyul's diary against my chest. I was already missing him so much.

“About mom and dad—”

“Don't you know it already?”, he cuts off my words as soon as I mentioned them.

“Oh-please stop fooling around Ahjussi! We both know that I have no idea about anything happened between mom and dad”

“Take out the book out of the bag, kiddo”, he eyed the bag I was wearing.

“Book? Don't you remember that you already burned the diary?”

“How about checking your bag first”, he kept insisting, so I ended up opening the chain just to find the novel someone bought me.

“It's a novel Ahjussi!”, I whined.

“Look at the name of the author”

“Y.J Oh”, I read it out loud.

“You get it now?”

“Yi-joo Oh”, my eyes widened at the realization. My name if mom and dad were married.

“That's your mom's pen name”

“Huh? You mean this sad ending romance novel is my mom's story? But why did Sujin have it in the past?”

“I just wanted to give you a hint, but sadly, it didn't go as planned”

A sigh escaped my mouth, I had it all along.

“So, are you ready to face the changed future, Yeon Yi-joo?”

A/N:
The story of Oh Majoo and Yeon Sujin will be revealed in the next chapter.