Chapter One

You woke up to the sun shining in your room. Your room was pretty much bare other than the bed, even the curtains were gone making it difficult to sleep with the suns bright light. You rolled over trying to savor your last few minutes of sleep before your alarm clock would go off telling you to go to school.

Scrap that, the last few seconds. You groaned as you heard the sound of your alarm. You turned it off, lazily dragging yourself out of bed. You walked down the empty hall to the kitchen. There was almost nothing remaining in the big house. You quickly grabbed a cereal box that was still left. But realized that the bowls were already gone.

You saw a few disposable cups sitting on the counter, so you decided to eat your cereal from a cup instead of a bowl. Your eyes wandered around the room you were sitting in. Your house was quite big, empty now but huge.

Everything had been packed up since you would be leaving Miyagi on the weekend. You were sad to leave, you loved it here. All your friends were here. You had begged your father to let you stay in Miyagi with your cousins family, but he insisted you moved with him. You weren't sure why it mattered though. He was always so busy with work he barely even saw you, and you lived alone with him. You would of course miss him, but you would have chosen staying at your aunt and uncles over moving. Plus your cousin was only a year younger and the two of you always had fun when you hung out.

You sighed quickly finishing up your cup of cereal and walking out the door. You felt particularly lazy today. You stopped in front of your best friends house, waiting for him. You didn't have to wait long as the door instantly opened at your arrival. The boy made his way towards you. He had clearly been waiting at the door for you to arrive. It was almost annoying how on time he always was. You were constantly waiting for one day when he would slip up, but it never happened.

"Hey Kenjiro," you greeted him, not even using the slightest bit of enthusiasm in your voice. You and Kenjiro Shirabu had been close friends pretty much since you were born. Your mothers had been best friends throughout high school and never stopped talking to each other. So of course you and Kenjiro became close friends.

"Hi y/n, you look tired," he stated. While it was true that you were tired, his bluntness was still a little irritating. Sometimes it would do him good to just pretend to not notice things like that. The last thing you wanted to worry about were the eyebags that were surely present on your face.

"Oh yeah, you wouldn't believe how weird it is to sleep in a completely empty room," you stated.

"I would assume it is the same as sleeping in a room filled with things," he responded in a simple tone.

"Shut up smartass," you said shoving him a little. He grinned at your reaction only making you want to push him more. Shirabu knew exactly how to step on your nerves. He knew how to get under anyone's skin though.

"Are you coming to practice today or do you have to pack some more?" Shirabu questioned. He was talking about volleyball practice, being his best friend you had somehow managed to get roped into becoming the manager of the Shiratorizawa boys volleyball team.

"No I'm all packed, my dad insisted that we packed like a month ago. Which only took about a day to pack everything, so we really could've waited," you said laughing.

"Yeah your dad seems to like things organized," he responded. You figured he was thinking about your insanely tidy house.

"Tell me about it," you sighed. Shirabu glanced over at you for a minute before quickly averting his eyes.

"You want to ask me something," you stated. He was pretty easy to read in that sense, you could tell what he wanted by his actions rather than words.

"Oh. Well...yeah." Shirabu responded.