Chapter Thirty Two

The next morning you woke up early despite having the day off from school. You glanced at your calendar hanging on the wall that had the date circled with the word Miyagi written beside it.

You quickly got ready for the day and left your room. You didn't want any reminders of where you were supposed to be going today.

When you made your way into the kitchen your dad was still home. He had his suit on and his briefcase was on the counter. He was rushing around the kitchen, clearly preparing for his day at the office.

There was a sudden knock at the door and you glanced at the time confused. It was only a little after 7:00. There was no reason why anyone would be at your door this early in the morning.

"Could you grab that y/n?" your dad asked as he opened a cupboard. You nodded and moved down the hallway to the front door.

When you opened the door you saw Kita standing on your step and were instantly confused about why the boy was there. You guys had the Friday off from school and even if he had forgotten, it was already after 7:00 and Kita was never late. There had to be some other reason for the boy to be at your door so early. You just didn't know what the reason was.

"Good morning Kita. It's really early." you said.

"Morning," he replied. It was the same response you gave him in the mornings. That's when you noticed the backpack he was wearing.

"Kita, why do you have your backpack on? We don't have school." you questioned.

Kita smiled, he always had this glow to him in the mornings. But today it was different as if he were even more cheerful than usual.

"I figured I might want it this weekend. It's a long trip to Miyagi you know?" he replied.

You scrunched up your face in confusion. "Miyagi?" you asked. Kita grinned at your question. Then it clicked. You refused to believe it. There was no way. You were still going on your Miyagi trip! You couldn't let yourself get too excited because part of you didn't believe it was true.

"Kita are you being serious?" you asked. Although you knew he would never play a joke so cruel on you. You quickly turned behind you to where your dad was now standing. "Is he being serious?" you asked, not giving Kita a chance to answer you.

Your dad nodded with a grin.

You turned to face Kita again who was still smiling. "You have been talking about how excited you were for this trip all week. So, when you couldn't go I asked your dad if I could take you instead. I couldn't let you miss out on this." Kita explained. He was the sweetest most thoughtful person you knew.

"Oh my God, I love you so much Kita!" you cried out as you launched yourself into his arms. Kita had been completely unprepared for the hug and had to take a step back to stop himself from falling backwards. He wrapped both arms around your back, holding you tight. You remembered the first time you had hugged him and he had been so hesitant about hugging you back, you two had come so far.

When you finally released Kita you looked over at your dad. "You're okay with this?" you asked. You never would have believed that your father would let you travel that far without on your own, nevermind with a boy.

"Yeah. I'm nervous about it of course. But you deserve this." he replied with a nod.

"Thanks dad! I swear we will be careful and responsible. Kita is literally the best person you could possibly send with me." you assured him.

Not only did you believe that Kita was the most responsible person to go with but you were also really excited to spend so much time with him. Last weekend you had been so bummed out that he hadn't been able to hang out all weekend. You liked spending time with him.