Chapter Forty Eight

When you woke up on Saturday morning you immediately noticed all the fresh snow that had fallen the night before. Winter had already arrived, it wasn't terrible but definitely cold outside. You decided that it was the perfect day to stay inside the warm house with a good book.

You had finally gotten comfortable with a warm blanket curled up on the couch ready to start on a book you had been meaning to read for a while when you heard the knock on the door. Unfortunately your dad was upstairs painting and couldn't come down to answer it. You sighed as you pulled the blanket off and moved down the hallway.

When you opened the door you were met with Atsumu standing there.

"What's up?" you asked curiously.

"It snowed a lot last night. We are going sledding. Suna and Osamu are already dragging all the stuff to the hills so I was sent to get you." Atsumu explained.

You glanced past him into the snowy street. You could already feel the cold from just the door being open for a few seconds.

"Atsumu, today is a staying inside the warm house kind of day." you said. You already had a feeling you would be walking with him towards the hills in only a matter of time. For some reason it was impossible for you to ever say no to Atsumu.

"That's why they sent me to get ya. I am not taking no as an answer." Atsumu replied insistently.

You looked behind you at your comfy set up and unstarted book. You had been looking forward to a day inside.

"Come on you have to come. I can't use all my energy convincing you because we still have to convince Kita." Atsumu whined. "Besides, I know you wanna tackle Suna." he added with a wiggle of his eyebrows.

You grinned. He did know how to make you interested. There was nothing that would get you laughing more than ramming your sled into Suna.

"Fine, step in and I'll get ready." you gave in. Atsumu looked giddy as he stepped in your house excitedly.

In no time at all you were wearing all your winter gear and wondering how you had allowed Atsumu to convince you to ditch your plans to stay inside so easily. One of these days you were going to get him back for dragging you to all his crazy things.

"So, how are the dates all going?" Atsumu asked curiously as the two of you walked down the street on your way to Kita's house.

You grinned. "He asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday." you answered.

Atsumu's mouth dropped in shock. "I was not expecting that! That makes me so happy for the two of you!" he beamed.

"Thanks Atsumu." you replied with a smile.

Atsumu knocked at Kita's door and only a few minutes later Kita opened it looking from Atsumu to you confused.

"Come sledding with us," Atsumu said pretty much as soon as Kita had opened his door. The way he worded it didn't even pose it as a question.

"Sledding?" Kita asked with an eyebrow raised. It wasn't often that Kita came out with the group of you so you weren't sure if he would be interested. Especially since it was likely going to be a chaotic afternoon.

"You gotta come Kita. It's going to be lots of fun, plus who knows how long this good type of snow is gonna last." Atsumu insisted.

Kita looked very hesitant. As if he were heavily debating whether going was a good idea or not.

"You should come Kita." you said, giving him a small smile.

Your words seemed to be the final push to convince him to join you guys.