Love Lost, Love Kept| Request

AN: This imagine features the Reader having a miscarriage in her third trimester, however since it's such a sad topic I wanted to add a small bit of joy to it and write it so she was having twins and one survives. It does have a happy ending, but there's a lot of angst beforehand and it's heavy going. 

Please, please don't read this one if this is too much♡

---------------------------------------------------------

Leon's arms wrap around me from behind as I peel off the pillowcases and toss them on the floor. "You know I can do all this, right? You shouldn't be straining yourself so close to giving birth." 

I wave a hand, "Just because I'm carrying twins doesn't mean I'm suddenly incapable of changing the bed. Now, hurry up and go get those snacks you promised me, your kids and I are getting hungry." I smile, turning my head to press a soft kiss to Leon's lips. He hums, hand lowering to my swollen stomach, he rubs over where his children reside, it's only another month until we meet the girls and I'm so excited, they're going to be the best handful ever. Leon bends down, groaning as one of his knees cracks, then presses his mouth to my belly. 

"I'll be back in a while, be good for your mom, okay? She's a determined woman and I'd appreciate it if you didn't keep pestering her every few minutes, she's trying to do something important and-"

"Leon!" I whine, getting hungrier by the second. He chuckles, pressing a quick kiss to my stomach before standing up and giving me a salute. 

"Five minutes, gorgeous." Leon calls as he rushes downstairs. I hear him grab the keys for his bike then the door closes. I sigh, fixing my hair before continuing with the strenuous task of changing the sheets. I hum lullabies to my babies as I plump the pillows and put new cases on them, then I begin the task of changing the duvet. Not a minute after Leon's left I hear the door open and close again. I smile to myself, shaking my head since he's probably forgotten his wallet again. I continue my task until I realise that the door never opens again, which is odd. Holding my stomach I drop the sheets and waddle my way to the bedroom door, peeking out to hear what's going on. I hear shuffling footsteps, possibly in the living room. Seconds later there's a thump as if something's been knocked over. 

My heart races as I tip toe out of the room and head downstairs, it could be Leon just having a brainless moment or it could be something else. I spot my phone resting on the coffee table, if I'm quick I can grab it and run back upstairs into the bedroom, it's better to be safe than risking it. I don't let myself think as I rush into the living room and snatch up my phone, but just as I turn around a hand grabs my arm, yanking me back. With my weight disproportionate I stumble, falling backwards as I cradle my stomach. I land on the rug, staring up at four unfamiliar men. Panic consumes me, it's beyond that. It's fear, absolute pitch black fear of what they could do. Tears well up in my eyes as I sit up, I notice two of the men begin to peel away and suddenly they're smashing up my home, knocking over photo frames and breaking furniture. I flinch every time, shaking as I try to scoot into the corner, but one of the men reaches out and yanks my hair. 

"This is Kennedy's whore? Looks like he knocked her up, what should we do 'bout it?" He says to the other. The other man shrugs, crouching down to meet my eyes as he grazes his knuckles across my cheek. I turn my head away, but it only angers him as he grabs my cheeks, fingers digging in to the point where it'll bruise. 

"Kennedy ain't never cared for giving mercy to our men, why should we do the same?" 

"Please," I beg, sobbing, "don't hurt my babies. You don't need to do this, I won't tell anyone you were here, just go and I'll give you whatever you want." I hiccup, feeling a sudden pain in my stomach. I double over, spotting blood forming on the floor. It's coming from me, my mind slowly processes.