Stealing Candy From Your Own Kids?

I shuffle closer to Leon in my sleep, my body instinctively trying to find the heat on this chilly October morning. His arms wrap around me as if knowing what I'm looking for, and then we fall into a cosy, comfortable bliss.

For only two more minutes.

At exactly seven, our bedroom door creaks open and two pairs of little feet come padding into the room, followed by one body jumping on the bed whilst the other gently climbs into bed beside me. I yawn, barely able to stretch whilst Leon groans and rubs his eyes, he tries to wake up quick, but when our six year old son leaps onto him with a cushioned thud, Leon grunts and is no doubt wide awake by now.

I muffle my laughter as our five year old daughter gently wraps her arms around me, cuddling into me as I pull her in for a hug, nestling us both under the covers as Leon's subjected to shaking and poking by our lively son. "Daddy wake up! We want pumpkin pancakes please!" S/N excitedly asks.

I watch as Leon cracks open an eye, squinting against the morning sun as he arches a perfect brow. "Pumpkin pancakes, huh?" He teases, wrapping his arms around our son as the little boy tries to wrestle with him. As if inspired by the chaos, D/N climbs over me, joining the fray as she takes her brothers side and also starts poking at Leon. I sit up a little, smoothing my hair down as Leon's lips curve upwards playfully. "You want pancakes? You've gotta earn them!" He exclaims, chuckling before he smothers both kids under his arms and begins tickling them.

I giggle at the sounds of their laughter, Leon's just as bad, grinning ear to ear as the little ones writhe and squeal. I used to wince at the sound in the mornings, but now I've developed a love for the early chaos. Little legs kick as S/N reaches out for me, "Mommy, help!" He hiccups, smiling as I mischievously snatch him from Leon, only to squeeze him into a hug.

"Alright Kennedy's, that's enough tickles. Why don't you both go get dressed whilst daddy starts on breakfast?" I offer, Leon sighs, flopping down as he sticks his tongue out pretending to be dead.

"Oh no, looks like I need a kiss to get me up and running. Better scoot kiddos." Leon mumbles, arm already reaching for me as I snort and lean in to press a kiss to his lips. The kids make sick noises as they scramble to run. I grin against Leon's mouth, resting my head on his chest as he hugs me. "Looks like another busy day."

I hum, "And it's Halloween, don't forget. We've got a lot to do." With that, I regretfully roll out of bed and begin getting ready for the day whilst Leon gets dressed and goes to prepare breakfast.

By the time I head into the kitchen, both kids are helping Leon make the pancake batter. I smile as S/N reaches onto his toes to crack an egg whilst D/N sticks her tongue out as she spoons some flour into the bowl. Leon praises them both, looking handsome as hell in his blue jeans and worn tee. I walk behind him, wrapping my arms around him as he grins and gives me a flirty wink. We both help the kids and get the pancakes done, then we all sit down and devour the breakfast whilst the scents of sugar and cinnamon fill the house.

Once done, I send the kids into the living room to watch Halloweentown whilst Leon and I clean up, humming together as we listen to our babies chat and laugh together. When I got pregnant with S/N we were so worried that the kids wouldn't get along, but we must've been blessed because both are like two peas in a pod. Once the house is looking as tidy as it can get, I check the time as Leon nods wordlessly.

"D/N? S/N? Go grab your coats and shoes if you want to come with us to pick some pumpkins!" I call out, and immediately the kids come running with their coats half done up and loose on shoulders, and shoes in hand. Leon chuckles as he kneels down, helping our daughter with her coat as I squat down and take off S/N's shoes to put them back on the right feet.