𝐱𝐯. 𝐁𝐲𝐮𝐧 𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐢 & 𝐂𝐡𝐚 𝐇𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧-𝐣𝐮

_____________

The first time Nari had first been introduced to Hyeon-ju was months ago. Well not exactly. The woman had been a few weeks off graduating and was in the bookstore, lounging in the back with a couple of drinks when Nari had barged through the door hysterical and in need of a confrontation with Hyeon-ju's grandfather. The woman had hidden out of sight, pressed against the door and eavesdropped on their conversation. It wasn't the first time someone had come begging to her grandfather for help, to Hyeon-ju, Nari was no different. That was until she heard the accusations being flung around and the angered demands of an explanation, of anything really, for closure, for revenge. Hyeon-ju knew in that moment Byun Nari was not just some other client.

The second time Nari had met Hyeon-ju, and properly this time, they'd met when Hyeon-ju staggered into the bookstore drunk in over her head. Nari had wanted to drop off some money she had earned to slowly pay Mr Choi back when she was informed, last minute, that Mr Choi was not present at the store. Nari had been on her way out when the door was flung open and a girl with long black hair stumbled in through the door and crashed into the table. Nari barely caught her before she hit the floor and the woman slumped in her arms. 

Nari, with her heart big and her inability to leave someone in such a condition, couldn't leave her like this. So, she heaved Hyeon-ju up against her shoulder and made way to the bathroom where Hyeon-ju spent the next hour retching in the toilet. When Hyeon-ju came to she was surprised to see the woman who confronted her grandfather, nose buried deep in a book as she sat lounged on a chair beside her aching body. Hyeon-ju noticed a cool cloth on her forehead and the aches in her joints before wincing at the headache that pounded in her brain. Her groan came out rather indecent. 

''Good to see you're awake" Nari mused as she heard the woman stir. She sent the girl a bright smile, sticking out her hand as Hyeon-ju held the cloth to her head, eyes squint at the light as she tried to subside the thudding in her ears. "I'm Byun Nari" she introduced and Hyeon-ju faltered before clasping her hand in hers. "Cha Hyeon-ju" the girl croaked, voice like gravel and Nari brought her a glass of water. Hyeon-ju gave her a thanks before the questions spurred from Nari like a waterfall.